Best Western Airport Inn
8955 Daniels Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL 33912-0821
Phone: +1 239-561-7000 | Fax: 239/561-5963 | 106 Rooms | Online Reservations
A centrally located Fort Myers, Florida hotel situated right off of Interstate 75 and close to Southwest Florida International Airport, The Best Western Airport Inn is the ideal place to stay for a relaxing Florida beach getaway.
Located on Florida's West Coast, this hotel in Fort Myers, Florida offers easy access to the culturally rich Gulf of Mexico, the exciting Everglades and the area's best sandy beaches. When not soaking up Florida's sun on the beaches, baseball fans can catch some rays and a baseball or two at the spring training camps of the Minnesota Twins and the Boston Red Sox. Florida Gulf Coast University is also nearby this charming Fort Myers hotel, in addition to the Edison-Ford Winter Estates.
Guests of this Fort Myers Airport hotel will enjoy complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, daily complimentary hot breakfast, a sparkling outdoor pool and an on-site exercise facility. Guests of this I Care Clean(SM) Fort Myers Airport Inn hotel will also enjoy comfortable, spacious rooms, each complete with a refrigerator, microwave, in-room safe, high-speed wireless Internet access and 100% smoke-free accommodations. Need assistance with booking or have questions about this Fort Myers hotel? Our friendly, multilingual staff is here to help make any stay at this hotel in Fort Myers an enjoyable and unforgettable one.
Business guests traveling to the area will also appreciate the Best Western Airport Inn's close proximity to Reliability Web, Florida Gulf Coast University, Gulf Coast Hospital and local construction companies.
Make your reservation for this hotel near Fort Myers spring training camps and local beaches today. Book the Best Western Airport Inn now and save! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- Exercise facility 24-hour
- Multilingual staff (Spanish, English)
- Guest laundry $1.00 fee. Open 24-hours.
- Ice/vending machines
- Airport courtesy shuttle available 4:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. Call the hotel for pickup, on bottom level, out door 5, and across both streets by the Hotel & Courtesy Shuttle sign.
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Interior corridor
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Hot tub
- Photocopy machine
- Notary public
- Equipment rental
- Meeting Space available
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Stationary bike
- Express check out
- Late check out Upon availability and/or request.
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
Best Western Airport Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western airport inn in Fort Myers.
Best Western Airport Inn
Conveniently located, the best western airport inn in Fort Myers, Florida is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 26.548384 / Latitude: -81.806725
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 75. Take Exit 131. Go west on Daniels Parkway. The Best Western Airport Inn is .25 miles on the right, just past the 7/11, behind the Starbucks.
From: The airport. Go right on Treeline, left on to Daniels Parkway past I-75, .25 miles on the right behind Starbucks.
Best Western Airport Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Built in 1925, the Blanchard House Museum of African American History and Culture of Charlotte County is the historic home of Joseph Blanchard. The home can be found near Venice on the west-central Florida coast.
The Blanchard House features cultural exhibits showcasing the rich history of the African-American legacy in Florida. Explore open access to artifacts and materials of African-American contributions and don't forget to visit the Black history library and gift shop.
Drawing over 170,000 annual guests, the Broadway Palm Dinner Theater, Broadway Palm Dinner Theater is located in Fort Myers on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast. Known as “southwest Florida’s Premier Dinner Thearter,” Broadway Palm has been in place for over 20 years.
The facility in comprised of a 450-seat dinner theatre, 100-seat "black-box" theatre, plus the 120-seat Café Cabaret and 30-seat Art Café. Managed by the Prather Entertainment Group, the theater is home to the Fort Myers Film Festival, Broadway Palm Children’s Theatre, and plenty of off-Broadway plays.
Enjoy the antique furniture and historical artifacts of the home itself, alongside the lush grounds and gardens, featuring live oaks and waterfront views.
Covering 17 acres, the Thomas Edison Winter Estate and Henry Ford Estate is located on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast in Fort Myers. Listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, the site is now a museum and botanical gardens.
Set on the Caloosahatchee River, the Edison estate was built in 1886, while the Ford estate was erected in 1915. Visitors may tour the Edison Ford homes, and the Edison Ford Gardens for over 400 species of plants and the Estates Garden Shoppe, or stop by the Edison Botanic Research Lab.
Established in 1991, Florida Gulf Coast University is a public comprehensive college located in Fort Myers on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast. A member of the State University System of Florida, FGCU has an enrollment of nearly 15,000 students.
Florida Gulf Coast University covers 760 acres including its onsite nature preserve. FGCU features 51 bachelors, 29 masters, and 6 doctoral degree programs, plus the Florida Gulf Coast Eagles athletics program.
With a season that runs from October through May, the company also offers theatrical education classes and programs.
The Gulf Coast city of Fort Myers has hosted Major League Baseball's spring training games since 1925 with the Philadelphia A's. The Cleveland Indians, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Kansas City Royals soon followed suit, and played their spring training games in Fort Myers.
By 1991, Major League Baseball's Minnesota Twins began playing Spring Training games in the 7,500-seat Hammond Stadium – located in the 80-acre Lee County Sports Complex. Set on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast, this fine ballpark was named in honor of William H. Hammond.
Not only do baseball fans watch the Minnesota Twins, they can also catch the Fort Myers Miracle – the Class A Advanced minor league baseball team and affiliate of the Minnesota Twins. Make your way to the Beer Garden, located near the third base concourse, and choose from 18 beers on tap during the game.
An interactive museum with 60 plus exhibits, the Imaginarium Science Center in Fort Myers thrills guests of all ages. The science center is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
Kids are free to explore living exhibits that showcase animal life and weather in the southwest Gulf Coast region while families enjoy the Sporty Science Arena, a virtual sports simulator, a 3-D movie theater, and much more.
J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge
The site was established in 1976 as a member of the United States National Wildlife Refuge System.
Named for the conservation-heavy cartoonist Jay Norwood Darling – or Ding Darling – the refuge features bird watching, nature viewing, and education center, and the Wildlife Drive, all on Sanibel Island.
Officially opened on March 3, 2012, just in time for Grapefruit League Spring Training, jetBlue Park is set in Fort Myers along the Gulf Coast of Florida. The Spring Training home of the Boston Red Sox, jetBlue Park is also known affectionately as Fenway South, because it's dimensions are nearly exact as those of the real Fenway Park in Boston.
Travel through Fort Myers in late February through March and check out the Red Sox play Spring Training games at jetBlue Park. After the spring season ends, check out the other resident at jetBlue Park, the Gulf Coast League Red Sox – Boston's Rookie League affiliate.
Open sunrise to sunset, Manatee Park is located in Fort Myers on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast. A Florida Manatee non-captive refuge, Manatee Park opened in 1996 on 17 acres, and features fishing, wildlife viewing, and water recreation.
Visitors to Manatee Park may actually view manatees from November to March, and enjoy pier fishing, canoeing, and kayaking on the Orange River. The park also features the Live Oak Amphitheater, Chickee Hut, and picnic spots.
Housing over 3,200 square feet of artifacts, pictures, model railroads, retired locomotives, and objects taken from Florida's railroading past, the Railroad Museum of South Florida is located at Lakes Regional Park in Fort Myers, right on the Gulf Coast of southwestern Florida.
Among its artifacts, the museum operates a 1/8th scale train ride found throughout the north end of Lakes Park and the 15-minute ride is a popular favorite among kids and families. The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 1:45 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Saturday, and noon to 3:45 p.m.
Spanning 33 square miles, the island is also the entire city of Sanibel.
Sanibel Island features the Sanibel Historical Village, the historic Sanibel Lighthouse, Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum, and the J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge.
Sanibel draws visitors from around the world for its beaches, shopping, and water sports.
Established in 1987, the Seminole Gulf Railway is known for its Seminole Gulf Railway – set on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast in Fort Myers. Shows include Caloosa Get Your Gun, I SPY a Murder, and Train of Deception.
The Murder Mystery experience departs Wednesday through Saturday at 6:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Sundays. Murder Mystery Dinner Trains include an interactive performance, five-course meal, and a historic train ridge.
A famous destination in southwest Florida, the Shell Factory & Nature Park is full of Fort Myers indoor and outdoor attractions. Start by browsing the Shell Factory retail store, which offers a huge selection of shells and coral, then continue to the Shell Factory Nature Park, where guests can view over 350 live animals and get up close and personal.
Kids can visit the Shell Factory Fun Park, which features mini golf courses, bumper boats, water wars, and paddle boats, while families with dogs can drop their pets off at the Doggy Heaven dog park. Round out your visit with a trip to Capt. Fishbones restaurant for lunch or dinner.
Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
Covering more than 3,400 acres, the Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve protects a wetland ecosystem located on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast.
Based out of Fort Myers, the preserve is open throughout the year, and features educational programs and outdoor recreation.
Bird watchers enjoy this Great Florida Birding Trail site, while other wildlife can be seen from five observation decks, a 1.2-mile boardwalk, and guided tours of the preserve.
Check out the "A Slough for All Seasons" film in the Interpretive Center, or enjoy lunch in one of the many picnic spots.
Over 7.5 million passengers go through Fort Myers's Southwest Florida International Airport. The airport serves southwest Florida, particulary the cities of Bonita Springs, Fort Myers, and Naples, and features a central terminal holding 28 gates.
RSW's primary airlines include Southwest, JetBlue, American, Delta, United, and AirTran. The airport also hosts international service to Canada and Germany through Air Canada, WestJet, and Air Berlin.
Dedicated to the preservation and collection of the history and traditions of Fort Myers and southwest Florida, the Southwest Florida Museum of History puts on exhibits of Florida's former peoples inside a historic Atlantic Coastline Railroad depot.
See the history of the Paleo Indians, the Calusa, and the Seminoles peoples along with the Spanish explorers and early settlers of the region come to life through exhibits and replicas of famous artifacts. The museum is open from Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Open March to September, the Sun Splash Family Waterpark is set on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast – just west of Fort Myers. Located in Cape Coral, Sun Splash is a municipal water park covering 14 acres.
Sun Splash Family Waterpark features water rides like the Electric Slide, Cape Fear, and Zoom Flumes, plus family pools and kiddie areas. Onsite eateries include the Calypso Café, while souvenirs are found at the Treasure Trove Gift Shop.
Open daily, the Tanger Outlets are located on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast is southern Fort Myers near Sanibel Island. Stores include the Banana Republic Factory Store, Brooks Brothers Factory Store, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory, Nike Factory Store, and more.
The Tanger Outlets features discounts for members of AAA, CAA, AARP, and military personnel. Public restrooms and onsite eateries are also available.
Check out the Cobra Rollercoaster, Tilt-A-Whirl, and Go-Kart Drop, or take the younger ones to the Midway rides, bumper boats, or the Family Fun Arcade. Don’t miss Zoomer Mining, mini-bowling, or the Voodoo Island Mini Golf course.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2 mile(s) from Jet Blue Park, Red Sox Spring Training camp!
- 3 mile(s) from Hammond Stadium, Minnesota Twins Spring Training Camp!
- 6 mile(s) from Lakes Park, Full of family fun! Multiple playgrounds for the kids, a small water park, a train ride, tandem bike rentals, and paddle boat rentals for the lake!
- 2 mile(s) from Lee County Sports Complex
- 6 mile(s) from Slough Park Reserve, Number one attraction on TripAdvisor! The Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve is over 3,400 acres of a wetland ecosystem. A myriad of animals like otters, alligators, turtles, wading birds, and more live here. Multiple walking trails, and some educational programs for the kids!
- 15 mile(s) from Ft. Myers Beach, voted best local beach, beach shops, outdoor restuarants, wind surfing, parasailing, boat rentals, deep sea fishing tours
- 10 mile(s) from Edison Ford Home Tours, explore the wonders of the historic home, laboratory and tropical gardens
- 10 mile(s) from Germain Arena, sports/concert arena
- 14 mile(s) from Sanibel Island, tropical island paradise, with boating,white sandy beaches,five star restaurants and ding darling wildlife sanctuary.
- 16 mile(s) from Shell Factory/Nature Park, hours of family fun. Waltzing water show, petting zoo, Captain Fishbone Seafood Grill, bumper boats
- 21 mile(s) from Captiva Island Beaches, golf, voted best shelling beaches in Florida, tropical breezes, white sandy beaches, historic, five star dining, boat tours to Cabbage Key and much more.
- 15 mile(s) from Flea Masters Flea Market, 900 Stores, food court, fresh produce, antiques, crafts and jewerly
- 6 mile(s) from Gulf Coast Town Center, An outdoor shopping mall that has over 50 stores and restaurants, including Bass Pro, Best Buy, Costco, Target, Outback, Ale House, Connor's Steakhouse, a movie theater and much more!
- 4 mile(s) from Bell Tower Shops, Home to around 20 shops, restaurants and a movie theater!
- 11 mile(s) from Miromar Outlets, Over 140 top designer name shops, ranging from Saks Fifth, Coach, Guess, Polo, Bloomingdales, Michael Kors, Bose, and much more!
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- Hot tub
- Adjacent to Two Meatballs, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Adjacent to Origami's, Full Service, Japanese, Open for: lunch, dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Adjacent to Fancy's Southern Cuisine, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 pm
- Across the street from Beef O Brady's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 0.5 mile(s) from Denny's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 24 hours
- 0.5 mile(s) from McDonald's®, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 0.5 mile(s) from Taco Bell, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 4 mile(s) from Bell Tower Mall, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, several restaurants, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 4 mile(s) from Longhorn, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, steak, 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 4 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Best Western Airport Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Fort Myers. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean