BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel
7700 W Courtney Campbell Cswy, Tampa, FL 33607-1430
Phone: 813/281-8900 | Fax: 813/281-0937 | 252 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Located directly on the bay in Tampa, minutes from Tampa International Airport (TIA), this full service hotel is available for your every need.
Whether you are traveling to the Tampa Bay area for business or pleasure. The BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel can offer you convenient, comfortable accommodations at an affordable price. All guest rooms have open balconies/patios with views of the bay or the city. We offer complimentary wireless Internet, a business center, a fitness center and a heated outdoor swimming pool overlooking the bay. Volleyball and water sports are available adjacent to the beach bar. The on-site restaurant, Hogan's Beach, serves a variety of menu items with a full bar.
We are less than an hour away from world renowned white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, a short distance from Busch Gardens®, the Lowry Park Zoo, the Florida Aquarium, the Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI), the Salvador Dali Museum, the Ford Amphitheater, the Seminole Hard Rock® Hotel & Casino and the Cruise Port of Tampa.
If you're here to visit a college or university, we are approximately an hour from both the Tampa and the St. Petersburg campuses of USF, the University of Tampa, Eckerd College, SPC and Florida Southern College. For sports fans, there's Raymond James Stadium, the Tampa Bay Times Forum, Steinbrenner Field and Tropicana Field, all within a short distance. For our guests here on business, we offer a variety of meeting rooms and facilities.
Our bayside location makes a great venue for any social occasion. Sunset beachside weddings are our specialty. We can host wedding receptions as well as the bride's maids luncheon, rehearsal dinners, family reunions, high school class reunions and service organizations. We can also host parties for special birthdays and anniversaries as well as holiday parties and Quinceaneras. Our on-site staff event planners are available to assist you for any event.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site, Crabby Bill's, fine dining
- Cocktail lounge, three bars onsite, one bar inside, one bar outside, one beach bar
- Outdoor pool, heated
- Exercise facility, 24-hour
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside services, food & drinks served
- Concierge 10.00 a.m.- 5.00 p.m.
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish, Russian, French, Arabic & Hindi)
- Porterage/bell services
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check-out, upon request and availability, additional charges may apply
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Conference services
- Notary public
- Mail services
- Wedding services, Sunset Pier, Banquet rooms & Beach Bar Area
- Meeting facilities, Yankee Clipper, Hospitable 600, 500, 400
- Banquet facilities, Harbor view room, Chart room, Sunset Pier, Beach bar
- Conference facilities, Harbor view room, Chart room
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Executive/club floors/VIP services
- Coffee shop
- Sports events
- Volleyball, beach
- Soccer, beach
- Water sports
- Jet skiing
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Guest laundry, $2.00, nominal fee, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines
- Dry cleaning
- Airport car, 6:00am to 10:00pm Complimentary / Based upon availability
- Gift shop or newsstand, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Free parking, one free parking per room
- Valet parking, free, 5:00 a.m. to 12:00
- Outdoor parking, 24-hour,one free parking
- Truck/RV parking, 24-hour, $10.00 per day. nominal fee
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Playground, beach area
- Ballroom, Beach bar with dance floor
- Paid parking, one free parking per room, any additional parking $ 5.00 per vehicle
- Room Service
- Breakfast at a charge
- Microwave located in common area
BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western bay harbor hotel in Tampa.
BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western bay harbor hotel in Tampa, Florida is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 27.966325 / Latitude: -82.569955
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 75 South/275 South. Follow 275 South to Exit 39, Tampa International Airport/Highway 60 West. Follow signs for Highway 60 West to Clearwater. At second traffic light, turn left on Bay Harbor Drive to the BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel.
From: The south. Take Interstate 75 North to 275 North. Follow 275 North to Exit 39, Tampa International Airport/Highway 60 West. Follow signs for 60 West, Clearwater. At the second traffic light turn left on Bay Harbor Drive to the BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel.
From: The east. Take Interstate 4 West to 275 South. Follow 275 South to Exit 39, Tampa International Airport/Highway 60 West. Follow signs for 60 West, Clearwater. At the second traffic light turn left on Bay Harbor Drive to the BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel.
From: Tampa International Airpo Follow exit for Highway 60 West to Clearwater. Upon exiting, merge into one of the three left hand lanes. Follow signs for Highway 60 West to Clearwater. At the second traffic light make a left on Bay Harbor Drive to the BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel.
BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Stretched across three miles of shoreline, Lake Manatee State Park sits on the lake that shares its name. Located just outside of Bradenton in Manatee County near Tampa, Lake Manatee acts as a reservoir for both Manatee and Sarasota counties. This lake is not only functional, it also offers an array of outdoor activities facilitated by the Florida State Park system.
Lake Manatee is open year round to visitors looking to fish, kayak, canoe, and enjoy an easily accessible boat ramp to accommodate appropriate size watercraft. For those planning to spend time in the great outdoors in the Tampa and West Central region of Florida, Lake Manatee State Park boasts hiking trails, playgrounds, picknick spots and much more for the entire family to enjoy.
The vibrant city of Tampa is filled with a variety of sports. From the National Football League's Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the National Hockey League's Tampa Bay Lightning to the Tampa Bay Rays of Major League Baseball, there is plenty to cheer about. Each spring since 1996, Steinbrenner Field has been the location for the New York Yankees spring training games. The Tampa Yankees, the minor league baseball team from the Florida State League, the Class A-Advanced affiliate of the New York Yankees, also play their home games in the stadium.
In 2008, this 11,000-seat stadium, originally named Legends Field, was renamed for former Tampa resident and Yankees' owner George Steinbrenner. While visiting this replica of the old Yankee stadium, be sure to view the life-size bronze statue of Steinbrenner in front of the stadium. While at this fabulous ballpark, make your way to the Legends Room to browse the selection of Yankees memorabilia, clothing and official merchandise. Stay close to the action, in one of the Tampa area Best Western hotels, for a wonderful night's rest.
A public-use airport, Tampa International Airport (TPA) serves the Tampa metropolitan area and other communities on Florida’s west-central coast. Formerly Drew Field, TPA has three runways and four airsides – totaling 62 gates.
TPA is served by major airlines like American, JetBlue, Southwest, United, and US Airways. Owned by Hillsborough County Aviation Authority, TPA is a hub for Silver Airways, and the maintenance base for North American Airlines and World Airways.
Housed in the former Ferlita Bakery, the Ybor City Museum State Park is surrounded by ornamental gardens and entrenched in a rich cultural history. Ybor City was founded in 1886 with the opening of its first cigar factory and soon flourished into the Cigar Capital of the World. Located just outside of Tampa, the Ybor City Museum invites visitors to immerse themselves in the Latin history of Cuban bread and cigar making that allowed the city to thrive in its heyday.
From a video presentation to the guided tours of an authentically restored cigar worker’s house, there are many ways for visitors to experience the authenticity of the old city. Educational programs, audio tours and a museum store featuring unique gifts round out the offerings of this culture rich city in the heart of the Tampa and West Central region of Florida.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 10.00 mile(s) from Ybor City, Tampa's Latin Quarter
- 10.00 mile(s) from Channelside, Port of Tampa nightlife, restaurants, shopping, events
- 10.00 mile(s) from Florida Aquarium
- 15.00 mile(s) from Lowry Park Zoo
- 20.00 mile(s) from Busch Gardens®
- 6.00 mile(s) from International Plaza, mall
- 6.00 mile(s) from Westshore Plaza, mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 15.00 mile(s) from Clearwater
- 20.00 mile(s) from Saint Petersburg
- 30.00 mile(s) from Palm Harbor
- 35.00 mile(s) from Tarpon Springs
- 75.00 mile(s) from Orlando
- 80.00 mile(s) from Ocala
- 280 mile(s) from Tallahassee
- 0.5 mile(s) from Shriners International
- 0.5 mile(s) from Laser Spine Institute
- 2 mile(s) from Wade Trim
- 10 mile(s) from Side Splitters
- 10 mile(s) from IBM
- 12 mile(s) from Walker Parking
- 9.00 mile(s) from University of Tampa
- 19.00 mile(s) from University of South Florida, USF
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.01 mile(s) from Water Sports, jet ski's available on-site
- 0.50 mile(s) from Ben T. Davis Beach
- 10.00 mile(s) from Safety Harbor Spa
- 10.00 mile(s) from Tampa Times Forum
- 20.00 mile(s) from Clearwater Beach
- Hogan's Beach, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Beach Bar, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, full bar with live music, sushi bar, entertainment, beach volleyball and more!
- 0.15 mile(s) from Chart House, full service, International, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.20 mile(s) from Bahama Breeze, bar/lounge, International, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN Bay Harbor Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Tampa. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Tampa's Downtown on Ice
Wear your shorts and go ice skating. The city of Tampa's only skating rink is open to everyone all week long. Hours vary. 90 minutes of skating includes skate rental.
Gasparilla Pirate Fest
The world's only fully-rigged pirate ship, the "Jose Gasparilla", makes its annual pilgrammage to Tampa Bay and gathers its flotilla to "sack" the city of Tampa. Cannon volleys and a storming of the Tampa Convention Center at 1 pm are highlights alongside brunch, a parade, and street festival. Event starts downtown at 10 am.
Florida Manatee Festival
Downtown Crystal River celebrates its most famous marine resident, the manatee. Experience fine art, a craft fair, activities for the kids, beer garden, and boat tours to see the manatees. Festival begins 9 am on both days.
Dunedin hosts its annual Mardi Gras parade, where the music begins early and keeps going till closing time. 30,000 people will line the streets for the parade and bead tossing, which starts at 7:30pm at the Florida Auto Exchange Stadium.
26th Annual Downtown Sarasota Festival of the Arts
Sarasota's biggest event is held along Main Street in downtown Sarasota. There, you can meet some of the nation's best artist and their work all while strolling downtown's quaint shops and cafes. Festival starts at 10 am and ends at 5 pm. Free admission.
American Invintational & Winter Equestrian Festival
Some of the world's finest riders jump for this event. One of the most respected equestrian events in the country, Tampa's Winter Equestrian Festival caps off with the American Invitational, a world class jumping competition, at Raymond James Stadium. Other events take place at Bob Thomas Equestrian Center.
Attracting thousands of creative fun seekers and featuring more than 140 arts & crafts vendors, Weeki Wachee's Swamp Fest is fun for the whole family. Delicious local food, entertainment, carnival and a "swamp monster" contest encourage attendants to dress their craziest for prizes. The carnival starts Thursday at 4 pm and the festival the next day at 9 am. Event takes place at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park.
Friday Extra Concert Series
Occurring every Friday for eight weeks, Tampa's waterfront plays a soundtrack of its own. Local musicians hit the stage and entertain starting at 7 pm. Park venues vary.
Sun 'n Fun Fly-In & Expo
The 40th Sun 'n Fun International Fly-In and Expo offers something for everyone. Pilots and aviation enthusiast alike attend this festival for its famous air show, teachers workshop, and forums on everything aviation. Fly-in or drive-in to Lakeland Linder Regional Airport.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean