BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol
205 S Atlantic Avenue, Ormond Beach, FL 32176-8105
Phone: 386/672-6711 | Fax: 386/676-9494 | 147 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Stay at this Ormond Beach, Florida hotel- right on the beach and 100% non-smoking.
The BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol is located on the beach in Ormond Beach, Florida. Guests at this hotel will be steps from sunbathing, swimming, jogging and relaxing on the beach. This hotel offers convenient access to the Boardwalk Amusement Area and Pier, Ponce Inlet Lighthouse, Universal Studios and Disney World. Sports fans will be only minutes from Daytona International Speedway and the Daytona 500 Experience. Guests staying at this hotel will also enjoy the many local events including Daytona Bike Week and Daytona Turkey Run.
This Ormond Beach, Florida hotel offers thoughtfully-appointed guest rooms, each complete with cable satellite television and free wireless high-speed Internet access. Suites with ocean front views and kitchenettes are available upon request. This hotel also features an outdoor swimming pool, guest laundry, and meeting facilities accommodating up to 60 people.
For a unique, comfortable and enjoyable experience, make a reservation at the BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- Outdoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Exterior corridor
- Laundromat, second floor coin operated washers and dryers
- Cable or satellite television, DirecTV® with DVD players in oceanfront efficiencies
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services, nominal fee
- Computer available
- Conference services
- Mail services
- Wedding services
- Meeting facilities
- Parking for the physically challenged, free above & underground
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking, free
- Garage parking, free underground parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Truck/RV parking, holidays/special excluded
- Cash machine (ATM)
BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western castillo del sol in Ormond Beach.
BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol
Conveniently located, the best western castillo del sol in Ormond Beach, Florida is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 29.286495 / Latitude: -81.037005
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Miami. Take Interstate 95 North to Exit 268. At the end of the exit turn right on Route 40 East, Granada Boulevard. Travel approximately seven miles to the ocean. Turn right on A1A, travel 0.25 mile(s). The BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol hotel is on the left.
From: Georgia. Take Interstate 95 South Exit 268. At the end of the exit turn left on Route 40 East, Granada Boulevard. Travel approximately seven miles to the ocean. Turn right on A1A, travel 0.25 mile(s). The BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol hotel on the left.
From: Orlando. Take Interstate 4 East to Interstate 95 North Exit 268. At the end of the exit turn right on Route 40 East, Granada Boulevard. Travel approximately seven miles to the ocean. Turn right on A1A, travel 0.25 mile(s). The BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol hotel on the left.
From: Destination Daytona. Take Route 1 South approximately three miles. Turn right on Granada Boulevard, Route 40, travel two miles to the ocean. Turn right on A1A, travel 0.25 mile(s). The BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol hotel on the left.
From: Daytona Ocean Center. Travel North on A1A, Atlantic Avenue, approximately four mile(s). The BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol hotel on the right.
BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.20 mile(s) from The Casements, named for the large hand-cut casement windows that adorn the mansion, has been beautifully restored to function as the Cultural Center for the City of Ormond Beach, Florida. Set on the shore of the Halifax River, and just two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean, the late John D. Rockefeller's winter home is known as "The Jewel of Ormond Beach." Open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Come learn about the history of the mansion and grounds. Visit special displays including Boy Scouts of America historical memorabilia and a collection of Hungarian festival costumes and artifacts. The Casements also hosts numerous events throughout the year. Check our Events Calendar to see our exciting upcoming festivities. Conveniently located near all that Ormond Beach has to offer including shopping, restaurants, and pristine white sand beaches make The Casements part of your trip to Central Florida!
- 0.20 mile(s) from Ormond Memorial Garden, soothe the senses – The Memorial Gardens, our urban oasis, are a lush, tropical rainforest nestled into the heart of the Ormond beachside adjoining the Museum. They feature native and exotic plants, water features, artisan-designed walkways and a gazebo. Visitors can enjoy the solitude of a quiet bench or nook or walk the labyrinth inside the gazebo. Designed by Belgian-trained Chicago landscape architect, Henry Stockman in the 1940s, the gardens feature both manicured landscape and natural areas. Numerous weddings are held in this magnificent setting. Situated on approximately two and a half acres at the southeast corner of Granada Boulevard between Seton Trail and Halifax Drive on Ormond's beachside, a separate fund-raising drive, spear-headed by Mrs. Mary Jane McSwain and Mrs. Eileen Butts, a former director of the Florida Board of Parks and Historic Memorials, produced sufficient funds to hire noted landscape architect, Henry Stockman, of Chicago, to design the gardens in the 1940
- 3.00 mile(s) from Destination Daytona, Bruce Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona is the Home of Bruce Rossmeyer's Daytona Harley-Davidson. The 109,000 square foot showroom is massive. Bruce Rossmeyer's sells thousands of motorcycles, genuine HD Motorclothes apparel, parts, accessories and so much more. During the course of an average non-event day, the dealership and surrounding property sees an average of 500-750 visitors and/or customers. During an event, such as Bike Week or Biketoberfest, which are synonymous with Destination Daytona, the average attendance is 500,000 during the ten-day Bike Week and 125,000 during the four-day Biketoberfest.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Daytona 500 Experience, from the heart-pounding thunder of bumper-to-bumper competition on the historic high banks of Daytona International Speedway to the high octane thrills and spills of high-tech motion simulators, catch all the energy and non-stop excitement of Daytona 500 Experience, 'The Ultimate Motorsports Attraction.' 'The Official Attraction of NASCAR, and your destination for racing excitement includes the larger-than-life magic of 'NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience'. Feel the adrenaline of racing with state-of-the-art motion simulators like Daytona Dream Laps and feel the pressure of the 16-second pit stop challenge.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Ponce Inlet, is a sleepy little town at the southern tip of the barrier island that includes Daytona Beach. This is a town where you can be as active as you wish, or sit back and do nothing but enjoy the peace and beauty of your surroundings. The beaches in the Ponce Inlet area are perfect for walking, jogging, sunning and shelling. They are no-drive beaches, so it is family/kid safe. Ponce Inlet has some of the best backwater fishing in Florida, and anglers come from all over to enjoy both fresh and salt-water fishing. Also available in the Ponce Inlet area are sunset cruises and nature tours. The main attraction in town is the restored 175-foot, red brick Ponce de Leon Lighthouse. Visitors can climb to the top of the lighthouse for a stunning panoramic view of the Daytona Beach area. It’s one of the few lighthouses in the country with all of the original buildings still standing. The keepers’ cottages now house museums. Ponce Inlet is conveniently located just one hour to Disney.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Jackie Robinson Baseball, there are not many cities that can claim to have the oldest park in their league and also lead in attendance. But Daytona Beach is one of those places. Despite a ballpark which opened in 1940 and a smaller population than most of the cities in the Florida State League, Daytona Beach is perennially one of the best draws in the league. Maybe it's the fact that the team actually tries to draw fans. Or maybe not having spring training means the fans aren't spoiled. Or maybe the folks of Daytona Beach just appreciate good baseball with a laid back setting in a cozy ballpark. Because that's exactly what you get when you visit Jackie Robinson Ballpark. Located on City Island, about one block east of the downtown, the ballpark overlooks the water and a new bridge which was constructed recently. Having visited in 1999 when the place appeared to be falling apart, I was eager to get back for a game after hearing about the renovations that have been done since then.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Daytona International Speedway, is the home of "The Great American Race" - the DAYTONA 500. Though the season-opening NASCAR Sprint Cup event garners most of the attention - as well as the largest audience in motorsports - the enormous 480-acre motorsports complex boasts the most diverse schedule of racing on the globe, thus earning it the title of "World Center of Racing." In addition to eight major weekends of racing activity, rarely a week goes by that the Speedway grounds are not used for events that include civic and social gatherings, car shows, photo shoots, production vehicle testing and police motorcycle training.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Daytona Kennel Club and Poker Room
- 39.00 mile(s) from Historic St. Augustine
- 69.00 mile(s) from Universal Studios®
- 70.00 mile(s) from Disney World®
- 0.03 mile(s) from Granada Plaza Shopping Center
- 3.00 mile(s) from Bel Air Plaza
- 4.00 mile(s) from Beach Street
- 9.00 mile(s) from Volusia Mall
- 48.00 mile(s) from St. Augustine Premium Outlets
- 54.00 mile(s) from Seminole Mall
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2.00 mile(s) from Daytona Beach
- 9.00 mile(s) from Daytona Beach Shores
- 15.00 mile(s) from Port Orange
- 22.00 mile(s) from Deltona
- 25.00 mile(s) from Palm Coast
- 32.00 mile(s) from St Augustine
- 33.00 mile(s) from Altamonte Springs
- 40.00 mile(s) from Jacksonville
- 40.00 mile(s) from Sanford
- 60.00 mile(s) from Orlando
- 65.00 mile(s) from Cocoa Beach
- 70.00 mile(s) from Gainsville
- 90.00 mile(s) from Tampa
- 220 mile(s) from Fort Myers
- 240 mile(s) from Fort Lauderdale
- 250 mile(s) from Miami
- 260 mile(s) from Naples
- 275 mile(s) from Key West
- 325 mile(s) from Atlanta
- 0.01 mile(s) from Stonewood Corporation
- 0.02 mile(s) from Florida Memorial
- 4.00 mile(s) from International Speedway Corporation
- 4.00 mile(s) from Ocean Center Event and Convention Arena
- 2.59 mile(s) from Harry Wendelstedt's
- 3.62 mile(s) from Wyotech Daytona
- 5.1 mile(s) from Daytona State College
- 5.27 mile(s) from Bethune Cookman College
- 5.75 mile(s) from Keiser College
- 6.72 mile(s) from Embry Riddle, Aeronautical University
- 11.44 mile(s) from Palmer College
- 22.92 mile(s) from Stetson University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 0.10 mile(s) from surfing, ocean front hotel
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ormond Beach Sports
- 2.10 mile(s) from Ormond Lanes
- 4.00 mile(s) from Daytona Lagoon
- 0.04 mile(s) from Julians, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.04 mile(s) from Stonewood Grill, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.05 mile(s) from Peach Valley Cafe, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 0.05 mile(s) from Genovase's Italian, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.05 mile(s) from Le Crepe, Full Service, French, Open for: dinner,
- 0.05 mile(s) from TGI Friday's, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.06 mile(s) from Charlie Horse, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.06 mile(s) from Olive Garden, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.06 mile(s) from Bone Fish, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.07 mile(s) from Burger King, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.09 mile(s) from McDonald's, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.09 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesday, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.09 mile(s) from Asian Buffet, Buffet, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.10 mile(s) from Pizza Hut, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.25 mile(s) from LuLu's Oceanside, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.00 mile(s) from Rain, Bar/Lounge, Continental, Open for: dinner,
- 4.00 mile(s) from Carribean Jacks, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 5.00 mile(s) from Chart House, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: dinner,
BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Ormond Beach. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
5th Annual Festival Italiano
Downtown Fort Pierce hosts this festival covering all of your favorite Italian specialties. Food, drink, music, and arts & crafts are all provided. Admission is free. Join the fun at 5 pm on Friday, 3 pm on Saturday, and noon on Sunday.
Pelican Island Wildlife Festival
Wildlife lovers will love this event cerebrating the 110th birthday of the Pelican Island Wildlife Refuge. Live wildlife shows, Pelican Island tours, and exhibitions are highlights. Event is held at Riverview Park in Sebastian.
TICO Warbird AirShow
In 2014, Titusville's TICO Warbird AirShow hosts its first ever night show. In addition to acrobatic stunts from famous trainer, transport, fighter, and bomber aircraft, the air show will feature fireworks, static aircraft displays, firepower demonstrations, and helicopter rides. The show takes place at Space Coast Regional Airport. Gates open at 2:00 pm for the Friday night air show, and at 8:30 am for Saturday and Sunday's daytime shows.
73rd Annual Bike Week
Over 500,000 riders are expected to turn out for the country's most prestigious motorcycle event. All week long, bikers will race and attend parties, concerts and street parades honoring the motorcycling state of mind. Events occur all across town.
Easter Beach Run
Race like the Easter Bunny on one of the world's most famous beaches. This popular fun race runs at low tide across and back Daytona Beach. All ages and teams welcome for this 4 mile race. 2 mile race and kids' races are also held. Show up at 2 pm at the Daytona Beach Pier area to start racing.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean