BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront
13021 N Cleveland Avenue, Fort Myers, FL 33903-4828
Phone: 239/997-5511 | Fax: 239/656-6962 | 108 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
The BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront is located on the banks of the Okeechobee Intracoastal waterway, the Caloosahatchee River. Large private balconies, most with great views of the river and the downtown Fort Myers skyline. Visit the Edison and Ford Winter Estates Museum located two miles from the hotel. Close to a variety of shopping experiences.
While relaxing by the heated pool, you may catch a glimpse of a dolphin or manatee swimming by. The IHOP restaurant is located on premise, great food to start your day.
High-speed Internet access and proximity to downtown make the BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront perfect for business travelers. Large tour groups have access to a range of activities, all within minutes of the hotel. Free parking is offered for large vans or tour buses.
Whether coming to the Fort Myers area for business or just for a weekend getaway, let the BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront make a trip to Florida special, unique and comfortable!
We have 2 restaurants on-site. IHOP is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the 3 Fishermen Seafood restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Restaurants on-site, 3 Fishermen Seafood and IHOP
- Outdoor pool, heated
- Fishing, at the pier
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Fax services, charge for outgoing faxes
- Front desk, 24-hours
- Safe deposit box
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish)
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Business center, located in lobby area
- Printer available, PC
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy services
- Universal gym
- Exercise facility, open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access
- Fax machine
- Exterior corridor
- Express check out
- Hearing impaired services TDD phone
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Mini refrigerator and microwaves
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western fort myers waterfront in Fort Myers.
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront
Conveniently located, the best western fort myers waterfront in Fort Myers, Florida is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 26.658565 / Latitude: -81.883515
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 75. Take Exit 143, onto Bayshore Road. Drive west to Route 41 Cleveland, not business 41. Head south on Route 41 and the BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront is located two miles on the right directly before the bridge at the Caloosahatchee River.
From: Fort Lauderdale Airport. Exit terminal area and follow signs to Interstate 595 West. Go 13 miles and exit unto Alligator Alley/Interstate 75 North. Drive 110 miles to Exit 136 (Colonial Boulevard). Left onto Colonial Boulevard. Drive approximately five miles to US 41. North on US 41 for three miles and cross over the Caloosahatchee River the BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront will be immediately on your left.
From: Naples, Florida. North on US 41 for approximately 40 miles and cross over the Caloosahatchee River the BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront will be immediately on your left.
From: Miami International Airport. Exit terminal area and follow signs to SR 836 West. Go three miles and exit unto SR 826 North. Continue on for seven miles and take exit onto Alligator Alley/Interstate 75 North. Drive 110 miles to Exit 136 (Colonial Boulevard). Left onto Colonial Boulevard. Drive approximately five miles to US 41. North on US 41 for three miles and cross over the Caloosahatchee River the BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront will be immediately on your left.
From: Tampa International Airport. Exit terminal area and follow signs to SR-618-Toll East towards South Cross town Expressway. Go eight miles and take Exit 18A/Naples onto Interstate 75 South. Go 99 miles and take Exit 158 Tuckers Grade. Drive South 11 miles on US41 the BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront is on the right just before the Caloosahatchee River bridge on US41.
From: Sarasota, Florida. Take Interstate 75 South to Exit 158 Tuckers Grade. Drive South 11 miles on US41. The BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront is on right just before the Caloosahatchee River bridge on US41.
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Built in 1925, the Blanchard House Museum of African American History and Culture of Charlotte County is the historic home of Joseph Blanchard. The home can be found near Venice on the west-central Florida coast.
The Blanchard House features cultural exhibits showcasing the rich history of the African-American legacy in Florida. Explore open access to artifacts and materials of African-American contributions and don't forget to visit the Black history library and gift shop.
Drawing over 170,000 annual guests, the Broadway Palm Dinner Theater, Broadway Palm Dinner Theater is located in Fort Myers on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast. Known as “southwest Florida’s Premier Dinner Thearter,” Broadway Palm has been in place for over 20 years.
The facility in comprised of a 450-seat dinner theatre, 100-seat "black-box" theatre, plus the 120-seat Café Cabaret and 30-seat Art Café. Managed by the Prather Entertainment Group, the theater is home to the Fort Myers Film Festival, Broadway Palm Children’s Theatre, and plenty of off-Broadway plays.
Enjoy the antique furniture and historical artifacts of the home itself, alongside the lush grounds and gardens, featuring live oaks and waterfront views.
Covering 17 acres, the Thomas Edison Winter Estate and Henry Ford Estate is located on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast in Fort Myers. Listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, the site is now a museum and botanical gardens.
Set on the Caloosahatchee River, the Edison estate was built in 1886, while the Ford estate was erected in 1915. Visitors may tour the Edison Ford homes, and the Edison Ford Gardens for over 400 species of plants and the Estates Garden Shoppe, or stop by the Edison Botanic Research Lab.
Established in 1991, Florida Gulf Coast University is a public comprehensive college located in Fort Myers on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast. A member of the State University System of Florida, FGCU has an enrollment of nearly 15,000 students.
Florida Gulf Coast University covers 760 acres including its onsite nature preserve. FGCU features 51 bachelors, 29 masters, and 6 doctoral degree programs, plus the Florida Gulf Coast Eagles athletics program.
With a season that runs from October through May, the company also offers theatrical education classes and programs.
The Gulf Coast city of Fort Myers has hosted Major League Baseball's spring training games since 1925 with the Philadelphia A's. The Cleveland Indians, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Kansas City Royals soon followed suit, and played their spring training games in Fort Myers.
By 1991, Major League Baseball's Minnesota Twins began playing Spring Training games in the 7,500-seat Hammond Stadium – located in the 80-acre Lee County Sports Complex. Set on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast, this fine ballpark was named in honor of William H. Hammond.
Not only do baseball fans watch the Minnesota Twins, they can also catch the Fort Myers Miracle – the Class A Advanced minor league baseball team and affiliate of the Minnesota Twins. Make your way to the Beer Garden, located near the third base concourse, and choose from 18 beers on tap during the game.
An interactive museum with 60 plus exhibits, the Imaginarium Science Center in Fort Myers thrills guests of all ages. The science center is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
Kids are free to explore living exhibits that showcase animal life and weather in the southwest Gulf Coast region while families enjoy the Sporty Science Arena, a virtual sports simulator, a 3-D movie theater, and much more.
J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge
The site was established in 1976 as a member of the United States National Wildlife Refuge System.
Named for the conservation-heavy cartoonist Jay Norwood Darling – or Ding Darling – the refuge features bird watching, nature viewing, and education center, and the Wildlife Drive, all on Sanibel Island.
Officially opened on March 3, 2012, just in time for Grapefruit League Spring Training, jetBlue Park is set in Fort Myers along the Gulf Coast of Florida. The Spring Training home of the Boston Red Sox, jetBlue Park is also known affectionately as Fenway South, because it's dimensions are nearly exact as those of the real Fenway Park in Boston.
Travel through Fort Myers in late February through March and check out the Red Sox play Spring Training games at jetBlue Park. After the spring season ends, check out the other resident at jetBlue Park, the Gulf Coast League Red Sox – Boston's Rookie League affiliate.
Open sunrise to sunset, Manatee Park is located in Fort Myers on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast. A Florida Manatee non-captive refuge, Manatee Park opened in 1996 on 17 acres, and features fishing, wildlife viewing, and water recreation.
Visitors to Manatee Park may actually view manatees from November to March, and enjoy pier fishing, canoeing, and kayaking on the Orange River. The park also features the Live Oak Amphitheater, Chickee Hut, and picnic spots.
Housing over 3,200 square feet of artifacts, pictures, model railroads, retired locomotives, and objects taken from Florida's railroading past, the Railroad Museum of South Florida is located at Lakes Regional Park in Fort Myers, right on the Gulf Coast of southwestern Florida.
Among its artifacts, the museum operates a 1/8th scale train ride found throughout the north end of Lakes Park and the 15-minute ride is a popular favorite among kids and families. The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 1:45 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Saturday, and noon to 3:45 p.m.
Spanning 33 square miles, the island is also the entire city of Sanibel.
Sanibel Island features the Sanibel Historical Village, the historic Sanibel Lighthouse, Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum, and the J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge.
Sanibel draws visitors from around the world for its beaches, shopping, and water sports.
Established in 1987, the Seminole Gulf Railway is known for its Seminole Gulf Railway – set on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast in Fort Myers. Shows include Caloosa Get Your Gun, I SPY a Murder, and Train of Deception.
The Murder Mystery experience departs Wednesday through Saturday at 6:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Sundays. Murder Mystery Dinner Trains include an interactive performance, five-course meal, and a historic train ridge.
A famous destination in southwest Florida, the Shell Factory & Nature Park is full of Fort Myers indoor and outdoor attractions. Start by browsing the Shell Factory retail store, which offers a huge selection of shells and coral, then continue to the Shell Factory Nature Park, where guests can view over 350 live animals and get up close and personal.
Kids can visit the Shell Factory Fun Park, which features mini golf courses, bumper boats, water wars, and paddle boats, while families with dogs can drop their pets off at the Doggy Heaven dog park. Round out your visit with a trip to Capt. Fishbones restaurant for lunch or dinner.
Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
Covering more than 3,400 acres, the Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve protects a wetland ecosystem located on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast.
Based out of Fort Myers, the preserve is open throughout the year, and features educational programs and outdoor recreation.
Bird watchers enjoy this Great Florida Birding Trail site, while other wildlife can be seen from five observation decks, a 1.2-mile boardwalk, and guided tours of the preserve.
Check out the "A Slough for All Seasons" film in the Interpretive Center, or enjoy lunch in one of the many picnic spots.
Dedicated to the preservation and collection of the history and traditions of Fort Myers and southwest Florida, the Southwest Florida Museum of History puts on exhibits of Florida's former peoples inside a historic Atlantic Coastline Railroad depot.
See the history of the Paleo Indians, the Calusa, and the Seminoles peoples along with the Spanish explorers and early settlers of the region come to life through exhibits and replicas of famous artifacts. The museum is open from Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Open March to September, the Sun Splash Family Waterpark is set on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast – just west of Fort Myers. Located in Cape Coral, Sun Splash is a municipal water park covering 14 acres.
Sun Splash Family Waterpark features water rides like the Electric Slide, Cape Fear, and Zoom Flumes, plus family pools and kiddie areas. Onsite eateries include the Calypso Café, while souvenirs are found at the Treasure Trove Gift Shop.
Open daily, the Tanger Outlets are located on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast is southern Fort Myers near Sanibel Island. Stores include the Banana Republic Factory Store, Brooks Brothers Factory Store, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory, Nike Factory Store, and more.
The Tanger Outlets features discounts for members of AAA, CAA, AARP, and military personnel. Public restrooms and onsite eateries are also available.
Check out the Cobra Rollercoaster, Tilt-A-Whirl, and Go-Kart Drop, or take the younger ones to the Midway rides, bumper boats, or the Family Fun Arcade. Don’t miss Zoomer Mining, mini-bowling, or the Voodoo Island Mini Golf course.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Harborside Event Center, Harborside Event Center is located downtown Fort Myers. The hall can accomodate small meetings to large conventions and trade shows
- 1.00 mile(s) from JC Cruises, sightseeing and Dinner Boat tours - 600 passenger paddle boat
- 1.00 mile(s) from Fort Myers River District, the heart of historic downton Fort Myers, shops restaurants, museums, historic homes.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Edison & Ford Estates, winter residence of the Edison & Ford families, tropical gardesn, laboratory and museum.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Butterfly Estates, surround yourself with thousands of butterflies at the new Eco conservatory. Restaurant on premise.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Broadway Palm, the Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre offers Broadway type performance and premium dining experience.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Shell Factory, the Shell Factory & Nature Park is famous for family entertainment. Specialty shops, largest collection of sea shells, nature park and restaurant.
- 17.00 mile(s) from Gulf Coast Town Center Mall, largest shopping mall in Southwest Florida. Big name stores available.
- 20.00 mile(s) from Gulf Coast Town Center, areas newest shopping and dining experience
- 27.00 mile(s) from Miromar Outlets, outlet shopping at its finest
- 30.00 mile(s) from Beaches, Fort Myers Beach and and tropical islands Captiva and Sanibel
- 40.00 mile(s) from Seminole Casino, Seminole Casino Immokalee features blackjack, high paying slots. Restaurants and bar.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Edison Mall, variety of stores such JCPenneys, Macys, Dillards and Sears.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Bell Tower, outdoor specialty boutiques, Chicos, Ann Taylor and Lord and Taylor many other shops and eateries.
- 17.00 mile(s) from Gulf Coast Town Center Mall, newest experience in shopping and dinning, Belk and PF Changs, entertainment on weekends.
- 17.00 mile(s) from Coconut Point Mall, A 500 acre community with variety of stores, shops and restaurants, office and residential units.
- 21.00 mile(s) from Miromar Outlet Mall, discount outlet stores and restaurants
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 5.00 mile(s) from Cape Coral
- 12.00 mile(s) from Ft. Myers Beach
- 16.00 mile(s) from Sanibel
- 20.00 mile(s) from Naples
- 32.00 mile(s) from Port Charlotte
- 70.00 mile(s) from Sarasota
- 140 mile(s) from Tampa
- 175 mile(s) from Fort Lauderdale
- 210 mile(s) from Miami
- 245 mile(s) from Orlando
- 4 mile(s) from Sony Electronics
- 4 mile(s) from NeoMedia Technologies
- 5 mile(s) from Gartner Group
- 5 mile(s) from Signature Group
- 5 mile(s) from SRBI
- 6 mile(s) from Paragon Marketing
- 7 mile(s) from Abbey Carpet Co.
- 7 mile(s) from LYNX Services
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0 mile(s) from Fishing, directly on hotel's fishing peer.
- 2 mile(s) from Tennis Courts
- 2 mile(s) from Centennial Park and Boat Dock
- 5 mile(s) from Golf Course in Ft. Myers
- 10 mile(s) from The Beach, boating, rafting, scuba diving
- 20 mile(s) from Greyhound Race Track
- 3 Fishermen Seafood, on premises, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, A personalized and relaxing dinning experience with excellent views of the river. All seafood specialties made to order.
- IHOP®, on premises, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, American breakfast fammily friendly. Pancakes, Eggs, Crepes waffles and more.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Kentucky Fried Chicken, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.25 mile(s) from Daddy Dee's Ice Cream Par, Ice Cream/Dessert, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Daddy Dee's Ice Cream Parlor has been voted Number 1 for ice cream for the past nine years. Serving 48 flavors of ice cream including seven yogurt flavors.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Taco Bell®, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 5.00 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner,
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Fort Myers. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Sarasota Slam Fishing Tournament
Participate in this annual Sarasota tournament and catch billfish, wahoo, tuna, snapper, and more.
Sarasota Craft Brew Fest
Enjoy unlimited craft beer samples and select food samples at this Sarasota event.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean