BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn
110 S Orlando Avenue, Winter Park, FL 32789-3656
Phone: 407/647-1166 | Fax: 407/647-8011 | 143 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Stay at this AAA - two diamond Winter Park, Florida hotel and experience superior accommodations in central Florida's "City of Homes".
Nestled among a chain of lakes, The BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn features pristine manicured grounds and a knowledgeable service-oriented staff. Ideally situated in Winter Park, Florida, guests staying at this hotel will enjoy the surrounding lush foliage, ornamental gardens, premier shopping and fine dining.
The BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn offers 143 well-appointed guest rooms featuring free high-speed Internet access and free long distance access. Other hotel amenities include a private swimming pool, on-site restaurant and lounge and five meeting facilities accommodating up to 150 people.
This Winter Park hotel is conveniently located near area attractions and cultural points of interest including the Morse Museum of American Art, Polasek Museum and Sculpture Garden, Annie Russell Theatre, Loch Haven Art Center and the Orlando Science Center. Families especially will enjoy being close to Orlando's exciting attractions including Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Epcot Center and Sea World. Guests traveling on business will appreciate the BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn's proximity to the business section of Northern Orlando, Winter Park Civic Center, Adventist Healthcare and Northrop Gruman Mission Systems.
Make a reservation today at the BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn and save!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Cocktail lounge, The Red Fox Lounge with nightly entertainment and convenient to our pool. Open Monday through Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Live entertainment
- Outdoor pool, spacious pool area
- Poolside services Cool cocktails and drinks poolside from our convenient Red Fox Lounge. Breakfast and lunch served within sight of our oversized pool
- Exercise facility open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Elevator three elevators make all our buildings accessible.
- 24-hour front desk
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Late check out check out extended past 11:00 a.m. when reasonably possible, please ask.
- Safe deposit box, available at the front desk
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Business center, under construction
- Fax services, nominal fee
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Meeting facilities, five meeting rooms to accommodate up to 100 people
- Banquet facilities
- Equipment rental
- Avis/Budget Rental cars available on site
- Hearing impaired services there are three portable systems for the blind and deaf.
- Physically challenged facilities Two (2) rooms meet ADA Physically Challenged requirements wth roll in showers etc. One third of our rooms have walk in showers and grab bars to meet Mobility accessible requirements
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible Our property is all 2 story construction with 3 elevators.
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines Ice and Coke vending machines convenient to your room throughout the property
- Free parking, plenty of parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Lighted outdoor jogging track adjacent to hotel
- High-speed Internet access
- Enjoy a cooked to order breakfast at our on-site restaurant, The Coach Room is open seven days a week. A longtime favorite of the Winter Park locals!
- Outside tables for dining or cocktails with poolside view.
- Dog friendly rooms available
- Cable television is on Bright House Network so you don't miss the signal when it rains, and it does rain in Florida.
BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western mt. vernon inn in Winter Park.
BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn
Conveniently located, the best western mt. vernon inn in Winter Park, Florida is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 28.597305 / Latitude: -81.364655
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: North of Gainesville. Take I-75 to the Florida Turnpike south towards Orlando/Miami. Take the Florida Turnpike until you reach 408 (East West Expressway). Go east till you reach I-4. Take I-4 east towards Orlando/Daytona Beach. Follow I-4 to Exit 87, Fairbanks Avenue. Make a right off exit onto Fairbanks Avenue. Take Fairbanks Avenue one mile to 17-92, which is South Orlando Road. Turn left, the BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn is two blocks on the right.
From: Tampa. Take Interstate 75 to Interstate 4 east towards Orlando/Daytona. Follow Interstate 4 to Exit 87, Fairbanks Avenue. Take a right off of the exit onto Fairbanks Avenue. Follow Fairbanks Avenue one mile to 17-92, which is also South Orlando Road. Turn left and the BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn is two blocks on the right.
From: Daytona. Take Interstate 95 to Interstate 4 west to Orlando/Tampa. Follow Interstate 4 to Exit 87, Fairbanks Avenue. Take a left off of the exit onto Fairbanks Avenue. Follow Fairbanks Avenue one mile to 17-92, which is also South Orlando Road. Turn left and the BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn is two blocks on the right.
From: Miami/Fort Lauderdale. Take the turnpike north towards Orlando. Take Interstate 4 East towards Orlando/Daytona Beach. Follow Interstate 4 to Exit 87, Fairbanks Avenue. Take a right off of the exit onto Fairbanks Avenue. Follow Fairbanks Avenue one mile to 17-92, which is also South Orlando Road. Turn left and the BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn is two blocks on the right.
From: Orlando International Air Take the north airport exit on Highway 436 (Semoron Boulevard). Go approximately 13 miles to Highway 426 (Aloma Avenue). Turn left (west) on Aloma Avenue for three miles. At Highway 17/92 (Orlando Avenue) turn right. The BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon is two blocks on the right.
BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The top venue for sports, concerts, and entertainment, Orlando's Amway Center is an event highlight of the central Florida region. Opened on October 1, 2010, this state of the art center can be arranged in multiple seating configurations, fitting between 16,486 and 20,000 fans and attendees.
Part of Orlando's master downtown redevelopment plan and located near Lake Eola Park, SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Orlando, and Walt Disney World, the area hosts professional basketball games, college basketball games, ice hockey games, front stage and end stage concerts, arena football games, and wrestling matches. Basketball fans will likely recognize the arena right away - it is home to the Orlando Magic and it has previously hosted the 2012 NBA All-Star Game.
A Spanish Farmhouse designed to evoke 19th Century Spain, the Casa Feliz Historic Home Museum is one of Winter Park and the greater Orlando area's most popular venues for weddings, banquets, receptions, and parties.
It also serves an open public house museum on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. Visiting hours are from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday and 12 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. Don't miss Music at the Casa during Sunday's open hours or the lectures and performances of the Casa Parlor Series.
The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art house some of Winter Park's most extensive art and pottery collection. Explore the most comprehensive collection of works from Louis Comfort Tiffany and fine art collections from the late 19th and early 20th century.
Visit Tiffany's jewelry, pottery, paintings, art glass, and leaded-glass lamps and windows collection. Don't forget to view the centerpiece chapel interior from the 1893 World Exposition. For guests visiting the Orlando area, the museum is open from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Located on the campus of Rollins College, the Cornell Fine Arts Museum is home to a range of art pieces, collections, and exhibits. Housed in attractive Spanish-Mediterranean style grounds, the museum is one of Winter Park's best cultural expeditions.
The museum is located only a few blocks away from the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art and offers guests an excellent one-two combination visit of the Orlando area's museums. The museum is open from Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The Crealdé School of Art offers all Winter Park guests a year-round curriculum of over 100 visual art classes. Adults can take part in over 80 studio courses in ceramics, sculpture, painting, drawing, and photography. Families can register their kids in the Young Artist Program or have them attend the Summer Art Camp for children and teens.
The school also features some of the most unique art galleries in the Orlando area. Explore three galleries, a contemporary sculpture garden, or drop by the Visiting Artist Workshop series. Guests can also take part in the school's numerous community outreach programs.
Established by the Crealdé School of Art, the Hannibal Square Heritage Center preserves the history of Winter Park's historic African-American community through permanent and rotating exhibits. Don't miss the award-winning Heritage Collection, which features over 100 archival pieces that provide a snapshot of African-American life in the Orlando area.
You can also catch various rotating exhibitions, public art installations, and educational programs of the African-American experience. Hours are Tuesday to Thursday, noon to 4 p.m., Friday, noon to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 10 to 2 p.m.
The Winter Park History Museum honors Winter Park's history with exhibitions on early history timelines, oral histories, and the importance of hotels to the Orlando area's historic growth. Explore collections and artifacts from various eras of history and be on the lookout for the museum's constantly rotating exhibits.
Guests can also go for a walking tour of landmarks surrounding the museum, which includes stops like Central Park, Winter Park Railway Station, Parkwood Building, and Knowles Cottage.
The Winter Park Welcome Center and Chamber of Commerce is a great destination for all Winter Park visitors. Enjoy 11 video monitors and 3 laptop computers, all showcasing an abundance of information and events in Winter Park and the greater Orlando region.
The Welcome Center also houses the Winter Park Health Foundation Community Room, perfect for meetings, luncheons, and social functions. Don't forget to visit the Center's Galloway Gallery, which features local non-profits and educational institutions.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from Hannibal Square Heritage, recounts the settlement of Winter Park's African- American community, also home to Family History Research Library, and Genealogy Research. 642 West New Enland Avenue. 407-539-2680
- 1.00 mile(s) from Morse Museum of American, largest collection of Tiffany artworks in the world
- 1.00 mile(s) from Cornell Museum of Fine Ar, museum exhibits both American and European works of art from the Renaissance and the Contemporary, located at the end of Holt Avenue on the Rollins College Campus. 407-646-2526
- 1.00 mile(s) from Winter Park Historical, historical museum showing artifacts and photographs of the cultural growth of the Winter Park community, 407-647-8180, Located at 200 New England Avenue, Winter Park
- 1.00 mile(s) from Scenic Boat Tours, boats leave from the foot of Morse Avenue, hourly, going through the Winter Park Chain of Lakes. Allows passengers to see luxurious estates, and landmarks of the city. 407-644-4056
- 1.00 mile(s) from Enzian Cinema, alternative theatre showing critically acclaimed American independent and European films. There is sandwiches and beverages served. 1300S Orlando Avenue, 407-629-1088
- 1.75 mile(s) from Polasek Museum and Garden, American sculpture museum displays the works of Czech-American artist Albin Polesek September through June. 407-647-6292 633 Osceola Avenue, Winter Park.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Holocaust memorial, illustrates key events of the holocaust through displays, photographs, and audio visual presentations. 851 North Maitland Avenue. 407-628-0555 FREE
- 3.50 mile(s) from Maitland Art Center, fantasy architecture in this 23 building complex showing murals, bas-reliefs, and carvings of the Aztec and Myan styles. 231 W Packwood Avenue. Maitland 407539-2181
- 4.00 mile(s) from Downtown Orlando, home to night clubs and restaurants. Busy nightlife
- 5.00 mile(s) from Bob Carr Performing Arts, featuring ballet and other performing arts
- 55.00 mile(s) from Daytona Beach, the "World's Most Famous Beach"
- 50.00 mile(s) from Kennedy Space center, illustrates the history of space exploration through exhibits, movie, actual equipment, and rides. Great family day.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Park Avenue Shopping, upscale shopping
- 0.50 mile(s) from Winter Park Village
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hannibal Square
- 5.00 mile(s) from Fashion Square Mall, shopping mall featuring - Dillard's, Sears and Macy's
- 12.00 mile(s) from Florida Mall, one of the largest malls in Florida, offering more than 250 shops - Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's, Dillard's, JCPenney, Nordstrom and Sears.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Prime Outlets Orlando, new outlet - Neiman Marcus Last Call, Saks Fifth Avenue, Victoria's Secret, Kate Spade, St John's Company Store, Kate Spade, Juicy Couture and many more
- 15.00 mile(s) from Mall at Millenia, shoppers delight, featuring beautiful upscale shops and restaurants - Bloomingdales, Tiffany's, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Neiman Marcus and many more. 4200 Conroy Road
- 20.00 mile(s) from Orlando Premium Outlet Mall, located across from The Disney Marketplace. Features - Burberry, Fendi, Dooney & Burke, Ralph Lauren, Nike, Michael Kors, Nike, Ralph Lauren, Armani and many more. 8200 Vineland Ave.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.00 mile(s) from Orlando, Florida
- 1.00 mile(s) from Maitland, Florida
- 4.00 mile(s) from Altamonte Springs, Florida
- 5.00 mile(s) from Casselberry, Florida
- 15.00 mile(s) from Oviedo, Florida
- 15.00 mile(s) from Apopka, Florida
- 15.00 mile(s) from Winter Garden, Florida
- 15.00 mile(s) from Doctor Philips, Florida
- 20.00 mile(s) from Kissimmee, Florida
- 40.00 mile(s) from Cocoa Beach, Florida
- 55.00 mile(s) from Daytona Beach, Florida
- 0.10 mile(s) from Adventist Health Care, Corporate Offices
- 0.20 mile(s) from World Publications, District Office
- 2.00 mile(s) from Florida Hospital, Orlando
- 2.00 mile(s) from Winter Park Hospital
- 0.25 mile(s) from Valencia Community College, the business campus of the school
- 1.00 mile(s) from Rollins College
- 1.00 mile(s) from Crummer Business School, Rollins College masters program
- 3.00 mile(s) from Crealde School of Art
- 5.00 mile(s) from Full Sail, the voted best school of film and audio productions
- 16.00 mile(s) from University of Central FL
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 5.00 mile(s) from dog racing
- 5.00 mile(s) from horse racing
- 20.00 mile(s) from 50 championship, golf courses
- 55.00 mile(s) from Daytona Beach
- Fine dining on premises, The Coach Room. Great meals cooked to order. Open seven days a week serving breakfast and lunch, 7:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m.
- Lounge, on premises, live entertainment
BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Winter Park. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Universal Studios Mardi Gras Eventful evening full of music and fun that is always associated with Mardi Gras. Times and days vary.
Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival Wander through the gardens and enjoy the wonderful flowers and plants.
Orlando Cabaret Festival
Over 40 cabaret events are scheduled to perform at Orlando's Mad Cow Theater. Featuring the best of Central Florida's cabaret singers and a few surprises from New York City, this show is set to thrill. Opening night starts at 6:30 pm.
Participate in this massive motorcycle and musical event in Downtown Leesburg. Time vary per event.
Summer Nights at SeaWorld Enjoy this nighttime spectacular with special shows. Check for event times.
2014 Sanford Fourth of July Celebration
Witness one of the largest firework shows in Central Florida from historic downtown Sanford. Stroll along the brand new RiverWalk overlooking Lake Monroe and celebrate Sanford's great Fourth of July extravaganza. Come down to Fort Mellon Park and Lake Monroe at 5 pm.
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Experience food and wine from all around the world while walking around Epcot.
Leesburg Fine Arts Fest Explore the many different booths displaying unique works of art. It starts at 10 a.m.
Rock the Universe Join one of the biggest Christian music festivals in Florida at Universal Studios. Event times vary.
SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular Put on your costume and watch special Halloween shows. Check for event times.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean