BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn
110 S Orlando Avenue, Winter Park, FL 32789-3656
Phone: 407/647-1166 | Fax: 407/647-8011 | 143 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Close to area attractions and known for a reputable brand, this Winter Park hotel puts guests close to all the top destinations but with a much more affordable rate than Orlando-central hotels.
Orlando hotels come with a premium price, but the reality is that hotels in Winter Park are just as convenient if not more so. There are no city traffic jams to contend with, and your BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon Inn comes with a generous side of hospitality. A service-oriented staff is committed to making every guest feel right at home, which is a welcome change after a long flight or road trip. For guests here to enjoy the Disney magic or nearby beaches, a quick check-in and spacious rooms are the perfect start to a vacation.
While it’s true that Winter Park hotels are easily drivable to many attractions, this property sets the bar high by combining convenience with quality amenities and spacious, quiet rooms. From relaxing to a day at Walt Disney World or Universal Studios, this is your vacation so spend it as you like. If that means a trip to Epcot Center and SeaWorld or heading immediately to the Harry Potter Attraction, the best of Florida is minutes away. Don’t miss out on the Universal’s Island of Adventure or one of the many white, sandy beaches just a few miles away.
Guests enjoy the surrounding lush foliage and stunning ornamental gardens of this Winter Park hotel. With premier shopping and fine dining nearby, the entertainment options are endless. This property is located near a number of cultural points of interest, including the Morse Museum of American Art and Polasek Museum and Sculpture Garden. From the Annie Russell Theatre to the Loch Haven Art Center, there’s something for the whole family. Visit the Orlando Science Center for a real treat or ask a helpful staff member for recommendations.
Book your Florida getaway at BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn and let the festivities begin!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Cocktail lounge, The Red Fox Lounge with nightly entertainment and convenient to our pool. Open Monday through Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Live entertainment
- Outdoor pool, spacious pool area
- Poolside services Cool cocktails and drinks poolside from our convenient Red Fox Lounge. Breakfast and lunch served within sight of our oversized pool
- Exercise facility open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Elevator three elevators make all our buildings accessible.
- 24-hour front desk
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Late check out check out extended past 11:00 a.m. when reasonably possible, please ask.
- Safe deposit box, available at the front desk
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Business center, under construction
- Fax services, nominal fee
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Meeting facilities, five meeting rooms to accommodate up to 100 people
- Banquet facilities
- Equipment rental
- Avis/Budget Rental cars available on site
- Hearing impaired services there are three portable systems for the blind and deaf.
- Physically challenged facilities Two (2) rooms meet ADA Physically Challenged requirements wth roll in showers etc. One third of our rooms have walk in showers and grab bars to meet Mobility accessible requirements
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible Our property is all 2 story construction with 3 elevators.
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines Ice and Coke vending machines convenient to your room throughout the property
- Free parking, plenty of parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Lighted outdoor jogging track adjacent to hotel
- High-speed Internet access
- Enjoy a cooked to order breakfast at our on-site restaurant, The Coach Room is open seven days a week. A longtime favorite of the Winter Park locals!
- Outside tables for dining or cocktails with poolside view.
- Dog friendly rooms available
- Cable television is on Bright House Network so you don't miss the signal when it rains, and it does rain in Florida.
BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western mt. vernon inn in Winter Park.
BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn
Conveniently located, the best western mt. vernon inn in Winter Park, Florida is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 28.597305 / Latitude: -81.364655
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: North of Gainesville. Take I-75 to the Florida Turnpike south towards Orlando/Miami. Take the Florida Turnpike until you reach 408 (East West Expressway). Go east till you reach I-4. Take I-4 east towards Orlando/Daytona Beach. Follow I-4 to Exit 87, Fairbanks Avenue. Make a right off exit onto Fairbanks Avenue. Take Fairbanks Avenue one mile to 17-92, which is South Orlando Road. Turn left, the BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn is two blocks on the right.
From: Tampa. Take Interstate 75 to Interstate 4 east towards Orlando/Daytona. Follow Interstate 4 to Exit 87, Fairbanks Avenue. Take a right off of the exit onto Fairbanks Avenue. Follow Fairbanks Avenue one mile to 17-92, which is also South Orlando Road. Turn left and the BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn is two blocks on the right.
From: Daytona. Take Interstate 95 to Interstate 4 west to Orlando/Tampa. Follow Interstate 4 to Exit 87, Fairbanks Avenue. Take a left off of the exit onto Fairbanks Avenue. Follow Fairbanks Avenue one mile to 17-92, which is also South Orlando Road. Turn left and the BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn is two blocks on the right.
From: Miami/Fort Lauderdale. Take the turnpike north towards Orlando. Take Interstate 4 East towards Orlando/Daytona Beach. Follow Interstate 4 to Exit 87, Fairbanks Avenue. Take a right off of the exit onto Fairbanks Avenue. Follow Fairbanks Avenue one mile to 17-92, which is also South Orlando Road. Turn left and the BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn is two blocks on the right.
From: Orlando International Air Take the north airport exit on Highway 436 (Semoron Boulevard). Go approximately 13 miles to Highway 426 (Aloma Avenue). Turn left (west) on Aloma Avenue for three miles. At Highway 17/92 (Orlando Avenue) turn right. The BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon is two blocks on the right.
BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The top venue for sports, concerts, and entertainment, Orlando's Amway Center is an event highlight of the central Florida region. Opened on October 1, 2010, this state of the art center can be arranged in multiple seating configurations, fitting between 16,486 and 20,000 fans and attendees.
Part of Orlando's master downtown redevelopment plan and located near Lake Eola Park, SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Orlando, and Walt Disney World, the area hosts professional basketball games, college basketball games, ice hockey games, front stage and end stage concerts, arena football games, and wrestling matches. Basketball fans will likely recognize the arena right away - it is home to the Orlando Magic and it has previously hosted the 2012 NBA All-Star Game.
A Spanish Farmhouse designed to evoke 19th Century Spain, the Casa Feliz Historic Home Museum is one of Winter Park and the greater Orlando area's most popular venues for weddings, banquets, receptions, and parties.
It also serves an open public house museum on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. Visiting hours are from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday and 12 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. Don't miss Music at the Casa during Sunday's open hours or the lectures and performances of the Casa Parlor Series.
The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art house some of Winter Park's most extensive art and pottery collection. Explore the most comprehensive collection of works from Louis Comfort Tiffany and fine art collections from the late 19th and early 20th century.
Visit Tiffany's jewelry, pottery, paintings, art glass, and leaded-glass lamps and windows collection. Don't forget to view the centerpiece chapel interior from the 1893 World Exposition. For guests visiting the Orlando area, the museum is open from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Located on the campus of Rollins College, the Cornell Fine Arts Museum is home to a range of art pieces, collections, and exhibits. Housed in attractive Spanish-Mediterranean style grounds, the museum is one of Winter Park's best cultural expeditions.
The museum is located only a few blocks away from the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art and offers guests an excellent one-two combination visit of the Orlando area's museums. The museum is open from Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The Crealdé School of Art offers all Winter Park guests a year-round curriculum of over 100 visual art classes. Adults can take part in over 80 studio courses in ceramics, sculpture, painting, drawing, and photography. Families can register their kids in the Young Artist Program or have them attend the Summer Art Camp for children and teens.
The school also features some of the most unique art galleries in the Orlando area. Explore three galleries, a contemporary sculpture garden, or drop by the Visiting Artist Workshop series. Guests can also take part in the school's numerous community outreach programs.
Established by the Crealdé School of Art, the Hannibal Square Heritage Center preserves the history of Winter Park's historic African-American community through permanent and rotating exhibits. Don't miss the award-winning Heritage Collection, which features over 100 archival pieces that provide a snapshot of African-American life in the Orlando area.
You can also catch various rotating exhibitions, public art installations, and educational programs of the African-American experience. Hours are Tuesday to Thursday, noon to 4 p.m., Friday, noon to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 10 to 2 p.m.
The Winter Park History Museum honors Winter Park's history with exhibitions on early history timelines, oral histories, and the importance of hotels to the Orlando area's historic growth. Explore collections and artifacts from various eras of history and be on the lookout for the museum's constantly rotating exhibits.
Guests can also go for a walking tour of landmarks surrounding the museum, which includes stops like Central Park, Winter Park Railway Station, Parkwood Building, and Knowles Cottage.
The Winter Park Welcome Center and Chamber of Commerce is a great destination for all Winter Park visitors. Enjoy 11 video monitors and 3 laptop computers, all showcasing an abundance of information and events in Winter Park and the greater Orlando region.
The Welcome Center also houses the Winter Park Health Foundation Community Room, perfect for meetings, luncheons, and social functions. Don't forget to visit the Center's Galloway Gallery, which features local non-profits and educational institutions.
More Area Attractions & Services
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.00 mile(s) from Orlando, Florida
- 1.00 mile(s) from Maitland, Florida
- 4.00 mile(s) from Altamonte Springs, Florida
- 5.00 mile(s) from Casselberry, Florida
- 15.00 mile(s) from Oviedo, Florida
- 15.00 mile(s) from Apopka, Florida
- 15.00 mile(s) from Winter Garden, Florida
- 15.00 mile(s) from Doctor Philips, Florida
- 20.00 mile(s) from Kissimmee, Florida
- 40.00 mile(s) from Cocoa Beach, Florida
- 55.00 mile(s) from Daytona Beach, Florida
- 0.10 mile(s) from Adventist Health Care, Corporate Offices
- 0.20 mile(s) from World Publications, District Office
- 2.00 mile(s) from Florida Hospital, Orlando
- 2.00 mile(s) from Winter Park Hospital
- 0.25 mile(s) from Valencia Community College, the business campus of the school
- 1.00 mile(s) from Rollins College
- 1.00 mile(s) from Crummer Business School, Rollins College masters program
- 3.00 mile(s) from Crealde School of Art
- 5.00 mile(s) from Full Sail, the voted best school of film and audio productions
- 16.00 mile(s) from University of Central FL
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 5.00 mile(s) from dog racing
- 5.00 mile(s) from horse racing
- 20.00 mile(s) from 50 championship, golf courses
- 55.00 mile(s) from Daytona Beach
BEST WESTERN Mt. Vernon Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Winter Park. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Experience food and wine from all around the world while walking around Epcot.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean