Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel
7299 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819-8353
Phone: 407/351-5009 | Fax: 407/352-7277 | 297 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
Stay at this stylish Universal Partner Hotel situated close to SeaWorld®, Universal Orlando Resort™ and the Disney® Theme Parks.
Welcome to the Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel, the Gateway to Orlando Attractions in Central Florida. This full-service hotel offers the best in customer service for both business and leisure travelers. Guests will be minutes from Universal Studios Florida®, the Universal’s Island of Adventure® theme park and Universal’s Volcano Bay® water theme park, opening early summer 2017.
Each well-appointed guest room and suite at this Orlando hotel features cable satellite television with HBO® and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will find great dining on-site at the hotel's restaurant or cocktail lounge. The hotel is also ideal for group travel with full-business services and meeting facilities, perfect for conferences, family reunions and other events. The Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel also features a fitness center, guest laundry and a half basketball court.
Guests staying at the Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel will be less than ten miles from local attractions such as the Walt Disney® Resort and Theme Parks, SeaWorld®, Discovery Cove®, Disney's the Wide World of Sports and Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. Corporate travelers staying at this Florida hotel will be close to the Orlando/Orange County Convention Center, Coleman Aerospace, L-3 Communications and Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fore Control. Hotel guests will also enjoy sky diving at the indoor Sky Venture, less than one mile away.
The Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel is proud to offer superior customer service and a convenient location in Orlando. Make a reservation today and save! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Restaurant on-site
- Cocktail lounge Sharky & Jack's Bar & Grille located in hotel lobby. Open daily from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Cocktails, beer and wine.
- Outdoor pool, heated
- Poolside services seasonal cabana bar
- Hot tub, two
- Exercise facility, 24-hour two treadmills with incline action, two stationary bikes, one elliptical machine, strength station, stretching area, two 32-inch televisions, dumbells
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24 hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, Multilingual staff available: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and French Creole
- Porterage/bell services
- Laundromat Guest Laundry Room in Hotel Lobby on first floor. 24 Hour Access 5 Washers - $3.00 per load 5 Dryers - $3.00 per load Accept coins and/or credit cards Laundry soap for sale in Shades Deli in Hotel Lobby
- Cable or satellite television, HBO®
- Car rental desk
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Fax services, first page free then 1.00 USD per page
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Conference services
- Mail services PACKAGE DELIVERY CHARGES 2-10 Packages (boxes) - $50.00 + 6.5% tax. 10 Packages (boxes) or more is an additional $10.00 + 6.5% tax PER Box. Packages arriving 10 days prior to the Guest arrival date may be subject to additional charges.
- Theater ticket desk, attraction tickets for Orlando area attractions
- Convenience store/Sundry, Shades Deli on site in hotel lobby. Open daily from 7AM - Midnight. Food, beverages, desserts and sundry items
- Tennis courts, lighted - no charge
- Basketball, 1/2 lighted basketball court on site - no charge
- Sunbathing, pool deck and additional sun deck with misters
- Hearing impaired services TDD Phones Available
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines, all floors
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Game room is located in hotel lobby ane open 24-hours. Tokens available for sale in game room
- Coffe shop, Shades Deli located in the hotel lobby. Open daily from 7 a.m. to Midnight. Now serving Royal Cup Coffee and assorted tea and beverages
Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western orlando gateway hotel in Orlando.
Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western orlando gateway hotel in Orlando, Florida is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 28.457595 / Latitude: -81.464035
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Orlando International. Take North Airport Exit to Beachline Expressway - State Road 528 West. Continue on Beachline Expressway and exit Universal Boulevard. Turn right from the ramp onto Universal Boulevard. Continue on Universal Boulevard for approximately three miles, crossing over Sand Lake Road. Continue approximately 0.5 mile, the Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel is an eight-story tan high-rise on the right.
From: Florida Turnpike. Take Exit 31 onto Interstate 4 West, exit to the left at Exit 75A onto State Road 435 South - Kirkman Road. Carefully move into the far right lane and turn right at the first stop light, International Drive. Carefully move into the left lane on International Drive and turn left at the second stop light, Universal Boulevard. Go approximately one block. The Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel is an eight-story tan high-rise on the left.
From: Interstate 4 West. Exit to the left at Exit 75A onto State Road 435 South - Kirkman Road. Carefully move into the far right lane and turn right at the first stop light, International Drive. Carefully move into the left lane on International Drive and turn left at the second stop light, Universal Boulevard. Go approximately one block. The Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel is an eight-story tan high-rise on the left.
From: Interstate 4 East. Take Exit 75A and turn right onto Universal Boulevard. Go approximately one mile on Universal Boulevard, crossing International Drive. The Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel is an eight-story tan high-rise on the left.
Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Make some new dolphin friends on your next visit to Orlando. Discovery Cove is an aquatic theme park in Orlando, found just off of Central Florida Parkway and International Drive. Owned and operated by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Discovery Cove allows guests the chance to swim and interact with bottlenose dolphins in controlled environments.
Along with bottlenose dolphins, you'll be able to interact with other animals like rays, tropical birds and fish, and plenty of land animals – it's always an adventure at Discovery Cove. The park does have a max guest capacity of 1,300 per day, creating a more intimate experience.
A top attraction, and one of the most unique experiences you'll have in Orlando, iFly Indoor Skydiving should be on any travel agenda when visiting Florida. Built in 1997, iFly Orlando is a 1000 horsepower vertical wind tunnel where you'll experience the thrill of skydiving without the heights or dangers.
The 12-foot high, open flow cylinder has a trained attendant with you at all times. Great for almost every member of the family – kids as young as three have flown, and adults as old as 103 have also been known to fly – iFly Orlando will make your visit to the Orlando area unforgettable.
No experience is needed, and you can even book your flight online. The entiredeal lasts about one hour.
Lake Eola Park
Located in downtown Orlando, was developed in 1888 from land donated from a variety of families. Eola Lake was formed from a natural 80-foot sinkhole, similar to many of the state's lakes.
Throughout the years, there has been a zoo, an equestrian race track and even a dance area with pier, built on the 43-acre park site.
In 1912, the original signature park fountain was built, followed by a second fountain installed in 1957. It was renovated in 1988 and continues to be an area landmark. While in Orlando, be sure to visit the park for an enjoyable day outdoors.
Park visitors enjoy strolling the grounds, especially on the path around the lake. Rent one of the swan-shaped paddle boats or an electric gondola boat, for a fun time on the water.
Bring lawn chairs to listen to one of the concerts held in the Walt Disney Amphitheater and gaze at the beautiful fountain lights.
Orange County Convention Center
Opened in 1983, the Orange County Convention Center is a major landmark in Orlando. Hosting an array of different events throughout the year, the OCCC is found just off of the Martin Andersen Beachline Expressway on International Drive.
With seven million square feet in total space, the OCCC is the second largest convention center in the United States.
When you're visiting Orlando or the Orlando area, make your way to the Orange County Convention Center and check out any number of the events being hosted – from the weird and the wacky, to the downright exciting.
Keep an eye out for the Mary Kay Career Conference, the Europa Games & Get Fit Expo, the International Bowl Expo, and Miss America's Outstanding Teen Competition is always popular.
View extensive collections of African and American art with a visit to the Orlando Museum of Art, the Orlando area's premiere fine art destination. Catch masks, objects, and textiles from ancient African cultures or browse the lithographs of the Contemporary American Graphics Collection.
Don't miss the selection of ceramic, jade, stone, and more with the Art of the Ancient Americas collection or the museum's classic paintings of American people and landscapes. The museum's hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Friday and 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
Featuring 17 miles of pristine trails, Rock Springs Run State Reserve is the perfect getaway for avid hikers, bikers, and outdoorsmen. Guided trail rides and horse rentals are available along the Wekiva River, just minutes outside of Orlando in the Space Coast region of Florida.
Primitive sites can only be accessed by canoe, as swimming is not permitted in the Wekiva river. The entire family, including pets and horses, can share the great beauty of Rock Springs Run. Public restrooms, trails, and outdoor activities allow for a short getaway just a few miles outside of the city.
A both a marine-life and zoological park, Sea World Orlando is a theme-park packed with shows, rides, events, animal interactions, exhibits and tours.
The live animal shows feature orcas, dolphins, sea lions, macaws, and even dogs and cats rescued from local shelters.
The Orlando park also hosts special concerts and special events in Bayside Stadium.
Whether thrilled by the Shark Encounter tunnel, or zooming around on the Kraken or Manta coasters, Orlando visitors love spending time at Sea World.
Universal Orlando® Resort
Universal Orlando is home to two theme parks: Universal Studios Florida® and Universal’s Islands of Adventure®.
Universal Orlando also features the Universal CityWalk® – where visitors experience excellent shopping and dining, plus entainment like live music, comedy, and more. Check out the Hollywood Drive-In Golf™ or catch a movie at the AMC® Cineplex 20 with IMAX®.
Universal Orlando also hosts festivals like Halloween Horror Nights® in October, Mardi Gras at Universal Orlando® from February to April, and Grinchmas™ during the holidays.
Opened in 1977, Wet 'n Wild Orlando is a premier spring and summer destination for Orlando and Orlando area travelers. Widely considered to be America's first water park, Wet 'n Wild Orlando was founded by SeaWorld creator George Millay. While Wet 'n Wild Orlando is open year-round, the park sees a high volume of traffic during the summer months.
As you plan your all-day aquatic adventure at Wet 'n Wild Orlando, make plans to visit some of the top highlights at the park. Check out the Disco H20, The Wake Zone, Wave Pool Surf Lagoon, and the always popular Lazy River. The Brain Wash is an enclosed tornado water slide. The Behemoth Bowl is a lot of fun and was added in 2005.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.1 mile(s) from Wet n Wild, water park closing December 31, 2016
- 0.9 mile(s) from Islands of Adventure, theme park
- 0.9 mile(s) from Hard Rock Amphitheater, concert venue and restaurant
- 0.9 mile(s) from Universal Studios, theme park (south entrance)
- 1 mile(s) from Fun Spot Action Park, go-carts, bumper cars, video games
- 2 mile(s) from Orlando/Orange County Convention Center
- 3.6 mile(s) from Holy Land Experience, recreation of biblical times with live shows
- 3.7 mile(s) from Aquatica, SeaWorld's water park / theme park
- 5 mile(s) from Discovery Cove, Seaworld's swim with the dolphins experience and nature park
- 5 mile(s) from Sea World, theme park
- 7.6 mile(s) from Florida Citrus Bowl
- 9 mile(s) from NTC/Southport Complex
- 9.3 mile(s) from Bob Carr Arts Center, performing arts center
- 9.4 mile(s) from Amway Arena, Orlando Magic, concerts, events
- 9.6 mile(s) from Wide World of Sports, Disney's amateur sports complex, baseball spring training
- 10 mile(s) from Walt Disney Resort® area, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom
- 16 mile(s) from Gatorland, zoo/theme park
- 57 mile(s) from Port Canaveral Cruise ter
- 60 mile(s) from Daytona Beach, Atlantic Ocean, beaches
- 60 mile(s) from Daytona International Spe, home of Daytona 500
- 66 mile(s) from Kennedy Space Center, NASA, theme park, shuttle launches
- 2 mile(s) from Prime Factory Outlets, upscale outlet shopping
- 3.6 mile(s) from Mall at Millenia, upscale shopping and restaurants
- 4.7 mile(s) from Florida Mall
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0 mile(s) from Sky Venture, indoor sky diving
- 3 mile(s) from Wonder Works, laser tag, virtual games, science experiments
- 5.5 mile(s) from Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake, pool, picnic and trails
- 7 mile(s) from Orlando Sports Complex, sports, tournaments
- 10 mile(s) from Orlando Tennis Center
- 11 mile(s) from Orlando Skate Park
- Sharky & Jack's Bar & Grill, on premises, full service, American, open for: breakfast, dinner, breakfast served 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Bar opens at 5:00 p.m. and dinner served from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Bar serves finger foods, restaurant has everything from chicken wings to steaks.
- Shades Deli, on premises, deli, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Royal Cup coffee, pastries, desserts, sandwiches, salads, pizza, sodas, beer, ice cream, candy, chips and more. Open 7:00 a.m. to midnight.
- 1 mile(s) from Fish Bones, full service, seafood, open for: dinner, seafood and steakhouse. Voted best in Orlando.
- 1 mile(s) from Mango's Tropical Café, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, dining and entertainment experience
- 1 mile(s) from Cici's Pizza, buffet, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, pizza, pasta & salad buffet. Inexpensive way to feed large groups
- 1 mile(s) from Hard Rock Cafe, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2 mile(s) from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, full service, steak house, open for: dinner
- 2 mile(s) from Seasons 52, full service, American, open for: dinner
- 2 mile(s) from Moon Fish, full service, seafood, open for: dinner
- 2 mile(s) from Charlie's Steak House, full service, steak house, open for: dinner
- 2 mile(s) from Capitol Grille, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3 mile(s) from PF Chang's, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner
Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Orlando. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean