Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites
13700 SW 139th Ct, Miami, FL 33186-5570
Phone: 305/969-1600 | Fax: 305/969-1400 | 97 Rooms | Online Reservations
Welcome to the Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites. Whether you are traveling for business, pleasure, or relocation, this modern brand new hotel offers a unique blend of elegance, exceptional service, state-of-the-art amenities in the best corporate location in the Kendall area, across the street from the Kendall-Tamiami Executive General Airport (TMB). Easy to get to the main highways, attractions, beaches, shopping malls, hospitals, sport events and much more in the Kendall and Miami cosmopolitan center.
The hotel has stylish decor including custom designed furniture and lighting, granite counter tops, glass back splashes and new appliances in rooms with premium guest room amenities including personal safe, microwave, refrigerator, iPod® dock radio and alarm clock, state-of-the-art fitness center, world class lobby and much more.
The Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites awaits your arrival with the perfect blend of relaxation, culture and adventure.
Enter a heaven of elegance, where a relaxed ambience, updated technology and spectacular Florida and airport views allow for an effortless combination of business and pleasure in our upper scale accommodations.
We believe it is important to save our environment and conserve our natural resources. This is a reason why our hotel was designed as a Green Hotel; our guest will be able to use the electric vehicle charger in this spectacular hotel. Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, the hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast buffet for the guests of our hotel. Hot items include a waffle station, eggs, bacon and/or sausage. There are other items such as cereals, yogurts, muffins, fresh breads, bagels, juices and coffee.
- Cocktail lounge, full-service bar, including a daily happy hour and hors d'oeuvres offering a variety of drinks including the famous Mojito and specialty drinks. Convenient barista bar serves specialty coffees.
- Outdoor pool, enjoy the famous Florida sunshine by relaxing in our hotel tropical decor deck and pool. Enjoy the pristine waters of this outdoor swimming pool.
- Poolside services, nice decor, tropical deck
- Exercise facility, 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., with state-of-the-art equipment and cardiovascular equipment, complimentary
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian
- Porterage/bell services
- Guest laundry, an outside service picks up the guest's laundry by 9:00 a.m. and will bring the items back in the afternoon. The hotel will charge the guest a nominal fee for this service.
- Dry cleaning, same day service available
- Express check out
- Late check out, based on availability, please check with the front desk
- Doctor on call, is available for an in-house call as long as it is not an emergency and there is a lead time of 45 minutes or more. This service is provided by outside services and are not contracted by the hotel. The guest is responsible for all fees.
- Solarium, the hotel offers a pool area with a tropical ambiance were our guest can enjoy sun bathing.
- Cable or satellite television, cable television, includes premium channels
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, located in the lobby area within a private office with two computers for your convenience. State of the art equipment is available at no charge to our guests.
- Fax services, first 10 pages are complimentary. A nominal fee may apply for over 10 pages and international faxes.
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Meeting facilities, with innovative services and smart meeting spaces, the Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites is the ideal choice for hosting your next Kendall or Miami conference, with a total of 1141 square feet.
- Banquet facilities, catering is available for banquets for an additional fee
- Conference facilities, our adaptable meeting facilities can accommodate three meeting rooms with 380 square feet in each one.
- Convenience store/Sundry, sundry store located in the lobby area to provide a limited supplies of various items to our guests. These items include health and beauty supplies, drinks and snacks.
- Jogging track
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Airport car, 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday complimentary to Kendall-Tamiami Executive General Airport and local corporations within a five mile radius. The hotel offers an eight passenger van for the convenience of our guests.
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Sun deck
- Small storage room
Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus kendall airport hotel & suites in Miami.
Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus kendall airport hotel & suites in Miami, Florida is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 25.639375 / Latitude: -80.420415
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Kendall-Tamiami Executive General Airport. The Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites is located just across from this airport. Exit the airport and turn right, heading south onto SW 137 Avenue; turn right, heading west onto SW 136th Street; turn left, heading south onto SW 139th Court and the Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites will be on the right.
From: Miami International Airport. Exit onto SR-836, the Dolphin Expressway and travel west to Florida's Turnpike and go south towards Homestead and the Florida Keys. Continue for about eight miles to exit 19 which is SW 120th Street and turn right. Continue to 137th Avenue Lindgren Road and turn left, then drive about a mile south until 136 Street, turn right and turn left on 139th Court. The Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites will be on your right. Taxi available at the airport for a fee of around 45.00 USD one way. Taxis are on the ground floor at the airport. For groups of 2 or more rooms, please contact the hotel for transportation optins.
From: Florida Keys and Homestead. Travel north on Florida's Turnpike to the SW 152nd Street Exit which is Exit 16. Turn left and take the SR-992W ramp toward 117th Avenue. Continue west onto SW 152nd Street which is FL-992 and Coral Reef Drive locally. Turn right on 137th Avenue which is Lindgren Road, continue travelling north to 136th Street, then turn left. Turn left, heading south on SW 139th Court and the Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites will be on the right.
From: Miami Beach and Downtown. Travel the A1A South to 5th Street and turn right towards the MacArthur Causeway and Interstate-395 to the west. Continue on the Dolphin Expressway, which is SR-836, west to the Florida Turnpike and head south towards Homestead and the Florida Keys. Continue for about eight miles to Exit 19, which is SW 120th Street and turn right, heading west. Continue to 137th Avenue which is Lindgren Road and turn left. Then, drive about a mile south until you get to 136th street. Turn right and then turn left onto 139th Court. The Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites will be on your right.
From: Ft. Lauderdale. Travel south on Florida's Turnpike towards Homestead and the Florida Keys to Exit 19 which is SW 120th Street and turn right, heading west. Continue to 137th Avenue which is Lindgren Road and turn left. Drive about a mile south until 136th Street and turn right. Then, turn left onto 139th Court. The Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites will be on your right.
Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Biscayne National Park
Visitors of Biscayne National Park can explore the four separate ecosystems while taking guided canoe and kayak trips, utilizing paddle-craft rentals, or by snorkeling and diving in the bay waters.
Further fun things to do at Biscayne National Park include ranger talks, Family Fun Fest, and plenty of wildlife exhibits.
Encompassing over 160 acres, the Castellow Hammock Park is a nature lovers dream as it includes a tropical hardwood forest ideal for bird and butterfly watching. Bird watchers flock to south Florida region for Castellow Hammock Park, a destination along the 2,000-mile Great Florida Birding Trail.
The park, located just outside of Miami, inherited its name from snail collectors who knew the acreage as Castellow Hammock. Today, over 70 species of butterflies and 120 species of birds live in the hardwood forest, ideal for observers to identify and view. A butterfly and hummingbird garden greets guests.
An open-air shopping center, CocoWalk features upscale retailers, popular eateries, and a movie theater – plus some space for live music and performing arts. Open daily at 10 a.m., the Walk features Gap, Victoria’s Secret, Starbucks, Coco Cigars, and more.
Everglades National Park
Famously located in south Florida, Everglades National Park is a renowned wildlife preserve and habitat spanning over one million acres.
The famous wetland is on the southernmost point of Florida – just south of Florida City – and is home to 36 protected species.
Visitors frequently enjoy catching a glimpse of the array of unique wildlife in the Everglades via boat tours, Shark Valley Tram Tours, and other ranger-led expeditions.
Other things to do in the Everglades include Pine Island and Shark Valley hike and bike trails, canoeing and kayaking, and plenty of fishing to boot.
Managed by the National Park Service, the Everglades National Park is UNESCO World Heritage Site – plus an International Biosphere Reserve, a Wetland of International Importance, or Ramsar Wetland.
Established in 1965, Florida International University is a public research institute located in southern Florida’s Miami metro area. Set in University Park, FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida.
Florida International University’s 574-acre campus features an enrollment of over 50,000 students, making it the second largest university in the state. FIU yields over 280 majors across 23 colleges, and offers the Panthers athletics of the NCAA Division I.
Freedom Tower at Miami Dade College
Both a U.S. National Historic Landmark and listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, Freedom Tower was established in 1925 – then the Miami News headquarters.
Formerly the tallest building in both Miami and Florida from 1925 to 1928, Freedom Tower Miami Mural now commemorates Cuban American heritage.
The historic Freedom Tower at Miami Dade College is now home to the MDC Museum & Galleries of Art + Design – free of admission and featuring scheduled tours of the permanent collection and exhibits.
The Miami Dade College Museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from noon to 5 p.m.
Formerly the Parrot Jungle, Jungle Island is a zoological and botanical park set in downtown Miami on Watson Island. Established in 1936, Jungle Island in southern Florida is home to over 300 birds, and features exhibits, shows, shopping, and more.
Open daily throughout the year; Jungle Island welcomes visitors on weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and weekends from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Features include 1.35 miles of nature trails, exhibits like Manu Encounter and Orangutan School, and shows like Dr. Wasabi's Wild Adventures and Winged Wonders.
Supporting over 186,000 aircraft movements per year, Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport (TMB) serves Miami and Miami-Dade County communities in south Florida. Owned by Miami-Dade County and operated by Miami-Dade Aviation Department, TMB has three asphalt runways.
Primarily servicing flights for light, single-engine propeller planes, TMB is the main airbase of the Miami-Dade Police Aviation Unit, as well as the home of the popular Wings Over Miami aviation museum.
Miami-Dade College’s aviation programs are housed at TMB, and the Ohio University Avionics Engineering Center uses one of TMB’s runways for a test facility.
Opened for the 2012 baseball season, Marlins Park features a maximum seating capacity of 37,442 and a retractable roof – the weather can change quickly in Miami. Along with Marlins games, Marlins Park hosted the second round of 2013 World Baseball Classic.
Prior to the opening of Marlins Park, the Marlins played all home games at Sun Life Stadium – home of the Miami Dolphins of the NFL. Along with the retractable roof, which takes around 14 minutes to fully open or close, the park features large and transparent outfield panels – essentially, the walls are panels you can see through and they rotate open, allowing for natural light and air.
Be sure to check out the Bobblehead Museum, the Clevelander Bar and Swimming Pool, and the Aquatic Home Plate Backstop.
Miami International Airport
Operated by the Miami-Dade Aviation Department, MIA is Florida’s busiest airport – and the 12th busiest airport in the country by passenger count.
A focus city for LAN Airlines and TACA Airlines, MIA is a major hub for American Airlines, and cargo lines FedEx Express, LAN Cargo, and UPS Airlines.
MIA is also served by major airlines like American, Delta, United, and US Airways.
Located in Biscayne Bay, the Miami Seaquarium is a 38-acre aquarium and oceanarium set in downtown Miami.
Located in southern Florida, the park was established in 1955 – main in the nation’s oldest oceanarium.
Drawing over 500,000 annual visitors to the Virginia Key, the Seaquarium features the dolphins, orcas, seals, manatee, sharks, turtles, crocodiles, stingray, tropical fish, and much more.
Former film site of the television show “Flipper,” the park also offers Sharky's Sky Trail, Salty’s Pirate Playground, the Seal Swim, and more.
Located in downtown Coral Gables, Miracle Mile is a popular shopping district located in Miami of southern Florida. Set in downtown Miami within the central business district, the Mile is flanked by Coral Gables City Hall.
Douglas Road and Le Jeune Road designate Miracle Mile to the east and west, while Aragon Avenue to Andalusia Avenue border from north to south. Miracle Mile features luxury boutiques, upscale eateries, art galleries, live theater, and more.
Formerly the Miami Science Museum, the Patricia & Phillip Frost Museum of Science is an interactive science museum set in Miami. Found in southern Florida, the Frost Museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Established in 1949, the Frost Museum of Science offers galleries, a planetarium, and a wildlife center. Features include the Space-Transit Planetarium, the Weintraub Observatory, the Falcon Batchelor Bird of Prey Center, and the Sea Lab.
On an annual basis, the Port of Miami transports more than four million passengers and over seven million tons of cargo. Set on Dodge Island, PortMiami is served by cruise lines like Disney, Carnival, Azamara, Norwegian, and more.
Located off the Tamiami Trail in south Florida, the Shark Valley Visitor Center welcomes all Miami area guests headed to explore the Everglades National Park. The center offers educational displays, a park video, access to an underwater local camera, and plenty of souvenirs available for purchase at the gift store.
Two short walking trails off accessible at the center and guests can purchase snacks, rent bikes, and embark on guided tram tours. The center is open from 9:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., seven days a week.
Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
Completed in 1923, the Vizcaya Museum & Gardens features 10 acres of gardens, plus a museum accredited by the American Association of Museums in the historic Main House.
Whether you stroll the grounds while listening to the 90-minute audio tour, or join in on a guided tour, you'll love the surrounding beauty of the gardens.
Take a break after the tour to enjoy a delicious sandwich or salad in the museum Cafe in southern Florida.
The museum also hosts several of Miami's special events, programs, performances, workshops and special tours throughout the year. The Moonlight Garden Tour is a visitor favorite.
This museum is also a U.S. National Historic Landmark found on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
Formerly Crandon Park Zoo and Miami MetroZoo – now just Zoo Miami – the park is home to over 2,000 animals.
Established in 1948 and featuring over 100 exhibits, Zoo Miami is both Florida’s oldest and largest zoo.
Exhibits include Dr. Wilde's World, the Asian River Life Experience, the Samburu Giraffe Feeding Station, and more.
More Area Attractions & Services
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 8.00 mile(s) from Black Point Marina, ideally located close to Biscayne National Park, this marina is a great starting point for fishing and diving expeditions. It has a dockside restaurant and bar, Ocean Grill Restaurant, large picnic pavilion and grill, bikeways, jogging trails, and a jetty which extends 1.50 miles into the Bay, enabling fishing enthusiasts to cast from shore.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Castellow Hammocks Preserve & Nature Center, a 112-acre park and preserve that contains a mature tropical hardwood forest with a half-mile self-guided nature trail. In 1974, the park became one of the first environmental education centers in Miami-Dade County and is popular with birders, butterfly watchers, and botanists. The park serves as a wonderful place for city dwellers to get close to nature and rejuvenate the spirit.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Matheson Hammock Park and Beach a great beach for beginners, or those who simply enjoy a peaceful practice session. Matheson Hammock Park is a lovely scenic park with an unusual feature: a man-made atoll pool, which is flushed naturally with the tidal action of nearby Biscayne Bay. Its tranquil breeze-swept beach is a haven for families who enjoy its warm, safe waters and beautiful waterside views. Matheson is also a prime spot for Kite-Boarding. Its active breezes and calm shallow waters make launching easy.
- 11.00 mile(s) from Tropical Park, visitors can enjoy bicycling, walking or running on the miles of paved pathways. Visitors can shape up on our fitness court or at our boxing center. Tropical Stadium is home to our nationally recognized Miami-Dade Track and Field Team. Tropical's Equestrian Center hosts over thirty horse shows annually. Tropical also has four separate lakes. The freshwater fishing lake and a dog park.
- 13.00 mile(s) from The Fruit & Spice Park, the only tropical botanical garden of its kind in the United States. The unique 37-acre public facility is owned and operated by the Miami-Dade County Park and Recreation Department. Located in South Florida. The park's tropical climate can be found nowhere else in the Continental United States and hosts over 500 varieties of fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs, and nuts, and other commercially important plant specimens from around the world.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Kendall Indian Hammocks Park, tons of kids entertainment, botanical forest, baseball fields, basketball, picnic area. A 36-hole disc golf course, which consists of 18 holes in K1 and 18 holes in K2. The skate park features a 120 foot by 120 foot court.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Larry and Penny Thompson Campground, a first-class camping area adjacent to the world-famous Zoo Miami. It has 270 acres of natural South Florida woodland, bridle trails and hiking paths. The campground has 240 separate campsites for recreational vehicles, with full electrical and water hook-ups, four large restroom/laundry facilities with hot showers, a camp store, picnic shelters, a large freshwater lake with its own beach and water slide is open seasonally with lifeguards on duty, and a playground.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Biscayne National Park, a part of the United States National Park Service. It is located in southern Florida, south of Miami. The park preserves Biscayne Bay and its offshore barrier reefs, some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling areas in the United States.
- 0.10 mile(s) from X-Treme® Rock Climbing Center of Miami, South Florida’s premier full-service rock climbing center offering indoor rock climbing, rock climbing instruction, full exercise facility and a spacious yoga facility.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Danddy Bear, indoor kids entertainment
- 2.00 mile(s) from Chuck E. Cheese®, offers family fun and entertainment
- 2.00 mile(s) from Regal Entertaiment Group, a state-of-the-art movie theater
Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Miami. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean