Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
6600 S Tamiami Trl, Sarasota, FL 34231-4832
Phone: +1 941-924-4900 | Fax: 941/923-7774 | 120 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
Experience it all, lounging on the beach, delighting in a great meal and having fun at the nearby attractions, when staying at this Sarasota hotel.
Water sports enthusiasts and beach bums alike will love the fact that Siesta Key Beach is only a mile away, and Turtle Beach is just four miles from this Sarasota hotel. If you're interested in exploring more of the area's aquatic offerings, we recommend that you head to the nearby Mote Marine Aquarium, where you can discover the secrets of the sea and see sharks, dolphins, manatees, sea turtles and hundreds of other species of marine life. Selby Aquatic Center and Twin Lakes Park are also close by.
Enjoy shopping and dining during your stay. The Pavilion Mall and Westfield Sarasota Square Mall with IMAX Theater are within 2 miles and St. Armand's Circle Shopping District is 6 miles from this Siesta Key hotel. If you're looking for more culture, be sure to visit the Ringling Museum of Art.
Make the most of your business trip while staying at this Sarasota hotel. IBM, Seneca Foods and GE are within minutes of our property. With Sarasota Bradenton International Airport just 20 minutes away, you can travel with ease.
Feel right at home in the spacious, modern and serene rooms at this Sarasota hotel. All rooms offer a 42-inch flat panel television with Direct TV satellite television, high-speed Internet access, a microwave, a refrigerator, a desk and more. Guests rave about our complimentary full breakfast, including eggs, yogurt, cereal, juice and much more.
Relax after a day of sightseeing or working in the sparkling outdoor heated pool and relaxing hot tub. Adding to the serenity is the lush tropical landscape that surrounds the pool area. We also offer an exercise facility, a 24-hour business center, free parking, sidewalks surrounded by tranquil landscapes and fresh popcorn and warm cookies in the lobby.
For a stay in Sarasota with a great location and impeccable service, choose our property.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, and hot items.
- Outdoor pool, heated
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Exter corridor
- Guest laundry, 24-hours, nominal fee
- Express check out Express check-out is available for all guests. Indicate your preference at check-in.
- Late check out, based on availability
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, 24-hours, free
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Meeting facilities
- Hearing impaired services, TDD phones, communication assistance rooms
- Physically challenged facilities, shower seat
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary on-demand shuttle service to nearby Siesta Key from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. daily. Driver tips are required.
- All guests receive a Buy One - Get One wine or draft beer at our Sand Dollar Pool Bar upon check-in.
- Complimentary popcorn in lobby daily.
- Complimentary freshly baked cookies served at 4:00 p.m. in the breakfast area daily.
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus siesta key gateway in Sarasota.
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
Conveniently located, the best western plus siesta key gateway in Sarasota, Florida is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 27.258695 / Latitude: -82.522185
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Tampa. I-75 South to Exit 205. Head west approximately five miles to US 41. Turn left on US 41. The Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway is on your right.
From: Fort Myers. I-75 North to Exit 205. Head west approximately five miles to US 41. Turn left on US 41. The Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway is on your right.
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Ca' d'Zan Mansion
One of Sarasota's landmark attractions, the Ca' d'Zan is a Mediterranean Revival mansion located on the coast of west-central Florida.
Once the winter home of American circus owner John Ringling, the mansion has since been listed as a U.S. Historic District Contributing Property.
Guided and self-guided tours through the Sarasota mansion's 56 rooms and the adjoining gardens are readily available.
See the tasteful decorations and hidden histories behind one of America's famous circus man.
Found just inland of the Gulf of Mexico, Ed Smith Stadium is a sterling example among MLB Spring Training facilities in Florida. With Sarasota as it's backdrop, Ed Smith Stadium is the spring home of the Baltimore Orioles.
Built in 1989, Ed Smith Stadium originally was the spring home of the Chicago White Sox up to 1997 when the Cincinnati Reds took over. The Reds resided there until 2008 when in moved the Orioles. During the spring, when traveling around southwest Florida, head into Sarasota and visit Ed Smith Stadium.
In operation since 1973, the Florida Studio Theatre is the region's primary community and contemporary theatre venue. The theater is conveniently located in Sarasota off the Gulf Coast of west-central Florida.
The theatre is compromised of several stages, including the Keating and Gompertz Theatres and Browne's Lab Theatre. Several programs are hosted each year, like the Mainstage Series' take on contemporary theatre and the Cabaret Series and its unique interpretations and improvisations.
Covering 30 acres alongside west central Florida's Little Sarasota Bay, Historic Spanish Point greets visitors with a museum and environmental complex. Browse archeological exhibits, a citrus packing house, a homestead historic house, a boatyard, and nature trails.
Don't miss special programs at this Sarasota attraction, including the Adventures in Learning school year program and the Historical Interpreters seasonal program. Dogs are welcome every Saturday and be sure to catch the Music at the Point sunset concerts.
Lake Manatee State Park
Stretched across three miles of shoreline, Lake Manatee State Park sits on the lake that shares its name.
Located just outside of Bradenton in Manatee County near Tampa, Lake Manatee acts as a reservoir for both Manatee and Sarasota counties. This lake is not only functional, it also offers an array of outdoor activities facilitated by the Florida State Park system.
Lake Manatee is open year-round to visitors looking to fish, kayak, canoe, and enjoy an easily accessible boat ramp.
For those planning to spend time in the great outdoors in the Tampa and West Central region of Florida, Lake Manatee State Park boasts hiking trails, playgrounds, picknick spots and much more for the entire family to enjoy.
Set in the Gulf of Mexico, Lido Key is a destination barrier island within the Sarasota metropolitan area. Set on the west-central Florida coast, the key features pristine beaches, nature trails, shopping, restaurants, and nightlife.
Lido Key is surrounded by several other western Florida keys, including Longboat Key, Bird Key, St. Armands Key, and Siesta Key. Activities include sailing, deep-sea fishing, and even dolphin watching – plus lounging on scenic shores like North Lido Beach, South Lido Beach, Turtle Beach, and many more.
Open to the public every day except Christmas, the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens features some of the most diverse collections of plants and flowers in Sarasota and the west central Florida region. The gardens are split into several divisions – including the Mulfort B. Foster Bromeliad Identification Center.
Explore greenhouses, gardens, herbariums, and the Christy Payne House, which features botanical art and photography exhibits. Further distinctive divisions like the Banyan Groves, Bonsai Garden, Tropical Fruit Garden, the Mangrove Forest, and the collection of more than 6,000 orchids.
Flanked by giant orange and pink flamingos, the Marietta Museum of Art & Whimsy is one of the most unique destinations in Sarasota and west-central Florida. Enjoy a variety of paintings, sculptures, and mixed artwork from artists from all over the globe.
Admission is free and guests are also encouraged to explore the museum gardens', complete with Florida oaks and a wide variety of tropical plants and flowers. The museum hosts annual events as well, including Cookies n' Cans and Groundbreaking on Groundhog Day.
Founded in 1955, the Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium is an independent marine research institution. Sitting on over 10 acres, the institution conducts research on sharks, marine mammals, coral reefs, and the ecology of the west central Florida coast and ocean floor.
Operating as a public display for visitors of Sarasota, the Mote Aquarium displays more than 100 marine species, including local marine life. Marvel at sharks, dolphins, manatees, sea turtles, and more. Visitors can also sneak a peak into working laboratories and research facilities and even reserve behind-the-scenes group tours.
Located nine miles east of downtown Sarasota in west central Florida, Myakka River State Park features 37,000 acres of wetlands, marshes, and cypress domes. Guests enjoy taking on the park's system of hiking and walking trails or embarking on boat and canoe tours.
Wildlife watchers love to catch glimpses of a Roseate Spoonbill, alligator, anhiga, sandhill crane, deer, red-shouldered hawk, and more. Don't forget to visit the Canopy Walkway, a suspension bridge and tower provide awe-inspring views above the forest canopy.
Covering 600 acres, the Nathan Benderson Park is located along Interstate 75 in Sarasota on the west-central Florida coast. Benderson Park features 500-acres of water surface, including the 2,000-meter sprint course.
Nathan Benderson Park is ideal for rowing, canoeing, kayaking, and wake boarding. Park events include dragon boat races, 5-10K runs, kayak polo games, and competitions like Sarasota-Bradenton Triathlon, the Florida Intercollegiate Rowing Association Championships, and more.
Encompassing over 150,000 square feet, the Ringling Museum features 10,000 items over 21 galleries.
Serving all travelers headed to destinations on the southern Gulf Coast, Sarasota Bradenton International Airport handles over 650,000 passengers a year. The airport, located three miles north of Sarasota, offers regularly scheduled and seasonal flights to destinations located on the eastern seaboard and in Canada.
The airlines that service the airport are Delta, JetBlue, United, US Airways, and Air Canada Rouge. The airport also handles commuter flights and is a hub for general aviation in the Tampa Bay area.
Sarasota Classic Car Museum
Opened in 1953, the Sarasota Classic Car Museum is one of the best west-central Florida attractions for guests looking to spot some antique models and favorites.
Recognized as the second oldest antique car museum in the country, this Sarasota landmark holds over 75 iconic automobiles.
The 60,000 square foot facility houses exotic brands like Ferrari, DeLorean, Cadillac, Bentley, and Alfa Romeo.
On a self-guided tour, don't miss unique collections owned by the Ringling Brothers, the Beatles, and more.
Opened in 1936, the Sarasota Jungle Gardens, located right on the west-central Florida coast in Sarasota, evokes the Florida jungle before the advent of explorers and civilization. The park is home to over 150 species native to the region, including exhibits showcasing reptiles, birds of prey, mammals, and more.
Sarasota Jungle Gardens is known for housing a large quanity of American Flamigos – migrating from central and South America. Schedule your visit accordingly – certain shows, like the Wildlife Wonder, Jungle Bird Show, and Reptile Encounter, are on only at specific times.
An artistic landmark of the west-central Florida coast, the Sarasota Opera hosts a year-long calendar full of opera performances and theatrical renditions of famous stories and librettos.
The opera house also hosts numerous educational and outreach programs and the house itself is open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Don't miss special Sarasota events like A Taste of Downtown, Curtain Raiser Dinner, and the Opera Gala.
Founded in 1949, the Sarasota Orchestra is an 80-member orchestra frequently performing on west-central Florida coast. The orchestra perform at several venues throughout Sarasota and Bradenton, including the Sarasota Opera House, the Neel Performing Arts Center, and Holley Hall.
Apart from the frequent concerts, the orchestra puts on annual special concerts and events throughout the year, like the staple Sarasota Music Festival. The orchestra has garnered much acclaim, performing in other historic venues, like Carnegie Hall.
Located near the Mote Marine Laboratory on the west-central Florida coast in Sarasota, the Ski-A-Rees Water Ski Show consists of weekly ski shows and educational programs. Don't forget to see a tour of the show's equipment, including jump ramps, costumes, and boats.
Located at the end of the Siesta Key barrier island near Sarasota, the Siesta Key Village and Shops offers high-brow shopping in the west central Florida region. Highly walkable, this shopping district can be found at the junction of Beach Road and Ocean Boulevard, stretching for several blocks.
Explore over 70 shops, restaurants, night life and local businesses. Don't forget to round out your trip with a visit to Siesta Key Beach, located alongside Beach Road and just a few blocks from the Siesta Key Shops.
Located on St. Armands Key in Sarasota, St. Armands Circle consists of unique and eclectic business and shops on the west central Florida coast. With over 130 shops exclusive to the island, visitors can spend an entire day walking the full circle and strolling St. Armands Circle Park.
Browse specialty stores and boutiques, take part in fine dining, enjoy a coffee at the circle's cafes, or scope out art galleries, fashion stores, and salons. The Circle is located on Florida State Route 789, just west of the John Ringling Causeway.
Running alongside a former CSX Railroad corridor, the Legacy Trail is a biking and pedestrian trail than runs 10 miles between Sarasota and Venice in the west central Florida region. All Sarasota visitors can enter the trail at Potter Park, which offers ample parking.
From its norther terminus near the Central Sarasota Parkway to its ending near the Venetian Waterway Park Trail at Venice Avenue, the Legacy Trail offers its riders a taste of old, vintage Florida. Riders appreciate the scenery in Oscar Scherer Park and the trail's sheltered rest areas and picnic tables.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 mile(s) from Siesta Key Beach, visit the #1 beach as rated by Dr. Beach (Stephen Leatherman) and the #1 beach on Tripadvisor in 2015
- 3 mile(s) from Siesta Key Village, a boutique collection of shops and restaurants on Siesta Key open year round
- 5 mile(s) from Historic Spanish Point, visit this historic facility and discover what many locals do not know about our south county villages
- 5 mile(s) from Selby Gardens, visit this world renowned facility representing many species of flora and fauna
- 9.00 mile(s) from Ringling Museum of Art, built by John Ringling to house his personal collection of masterpieces, today features world class paintings and sculptures by the great old masters including Rubens, van Dyck, Titian, El Greco and more.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Mote Marine Aquarium, explore the secrets of the sea through touch tools, viewable-working labs, and high-tech interactive exhibits. See sharks, dolphins, manatees and sea turtles, along with hundreds of other species of marine life.
- 11 mile(s) from Nathan Benderson Park, world class rowing facility in north Sarasota county approximately 11 miles from hotel
- 20 mile(s) from Myakka River State Park, outdoor activities galore in this park featuring kayaking, canoeing, air boat rides, hiking and exploring
- 15 mile(s) from Caspersen Beach, the best place to hunt for real shark's teeth in Venice, Florida
- 0.01 mile(s) from The Pavilion Mall, retail stores
- 2.50 mile(s) from Westfield Sarasota Square, retail stores, including JC Penney, Sears and Macy's.
- 3.50 mile(s) from Westfield Southgate Mall, retail stores, including Saks Fifth Avenue®, Dillards and Pottery Barn.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Walmart® Supercenter, open 24 hours
- 13.00 mile(s) from St. Armands Circle, upscale shopping, art galleries, restaurants
- 25.00 mile(s) from Ellenton Prime Outlets
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 1.00 mile(s) from Siesta Key, number one beach in the United States
- 4.00 mile(s) from Turtle Beach, public boat ramps
- Sand Dollar Pool Bar, on premises, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, our poolside bar serving appetizers, sandwiches and salads from 12 PM - 4 PM daily
- Adjacent to Carrabba's Italian, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Stonewood Grille, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner,
- Across the street from Abel's Ice Cream, Ice Cream/Dessert, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, best ice cream and desserts around
- Across the street from Hooter's Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, great wings, clams and shrimp
- Adjacent to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: dinner, upscale steakhouse and hand crafted cocktails bar menu available
- Across the street from Longhorn Steakhouse, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Gluten Free Bakery, Brasserie, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, offering all gluten free breads and sandwiches
- Across the street from Panera Bread, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, fresh pastries, bagels, salads and soups
- 2 block(s) from Dutch Valley Diner, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- .1 mile(s) from McDonald's, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Sarasota. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean