Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
4580 Collins Road, Jacksonville, FL 32244-9521
Phone: +1 904-264-4466 | Fax: 904/264-2193 | 99 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to our 2015 and 2016 Director’s Award winning Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites, located off I-295, Florida. Our south Jacksonville, FL hotel is only two miles from Naval Air Station Jacksonville. We are 11 miles south of downtown Jacksonville and 23 miles from Jacksonville International Airport (JAX).
Sunny skies illuminate the sleekly designed lobby of the Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites - Collins Rd. Our hotel is located near attractions and businesses.
Travelers have plenty to see during their stay in the Jacksonville, FL area. Our hotel's location is convenient to Veteran's Memorial Arena, Everbank Field, Kennel Club/Poker Room and the upscale St Johns Town Center. We're also near the rolling fairways of Eagle Harbor Golf Course, Club Continental, FL Yacht Club, and Jacksonville Zoo, MOSH, take a short ride to the beaches or explore St. Augustine culture and historic tours and premier outlet shopping.
Since our hotel's location is in Jacksonville south, and borders Orange Park, we're perfect for military and government travelers. We're near Naval Air Station Jacksonville, Naval Air Depot and several military contractors. Our 500-sq-ft meeting room accommodates conferences and social events.
Whether vacation or business brings you to our hotels, our amenities will satisfy your needs. Start each morning with hot complimentary breakfast. Use the free high-speed, wireless Internet access. Make use of our business center computers. Take time to enjoy the outdoor pool and an on-site fitness center. When you're staying around Jacksonville, our hotel's amenities make us the ideal choice.
With helpful staff members always on hand for recommendations, tips and advice, they act as local ambassadors and know where guests can go for great local cuisine to exciting recreation. Business and family friendly and a 100% non-smoking hotel, guests feel right at home!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Guest laundry, $1.50 fee open: 1:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Copy services
- Complimentary full breakfast, daily breakfast buffet with hot items offered 6:00 am to 9:30 am. Includes scrambled eggs, breakfast meat, cereals, pastries, breakfast breads, whole fruit, hot oatmeal, juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise faciltiy 24 hour free
- Multilingual staff
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Ice/vending machines 2nd and 4th floors
- Meeting facilities, Permanent Boardroom for 12 people; second meeting room for 20 classroom, 25 theater
- Business center free
- Fax services
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stationary bike
- Printer available
- Computer available
- Photocopy machine
- Conference facilities, Boardroom for 12 people; meeting room for 20 Classroom, 25 Theater
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- 24-hour front desk
- Late check out On availability only
- Cable or satellite television In all guest rooms
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Banquet facilities. Outside food allowed and local catering available
- Physically challenged facilities Some rooms with roll-in showers; some with tub and grab rails; lobby at ground level and elevator to upper floors
- Inter corridor
- Management reserves the right to refuse to provide accommodation to persons less than 21 years of age unless accompanied by a parent. Identification is required at check-in.
- Free high-speed Internet access
- Free local and long distance calls
- Complimentary USA Today Newspaper
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western southside hotel & suites in Jacksonville.
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western southside hotel & suites in Jacksonville, Florida is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 30.193055 / Latitude: -81.706955
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: North on I-295. Take Exit 10 - Roosevelt Boulevard/US Highway 17 North. Go right onto Roosevelt Boulevard North, then turn left at the next light at 84 Lumber onto Collins Road. The Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites entrance is on the left.
From: South on I-295. Take Exit 10 and turn left onto Roosevelt Boulevard/US Highway 17 North at the light. Pass under I-295 heading north, and turn left at the second light by 84 Lumber onto Collins Road. The Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites entrance is on the left.
From: Jacksonville International. Exit the airport and turn right onto International Airport Boulevard. Follow signs to I-295. Take I-295 South to Exit 10/Highway 17/Roosevelt Boulevard. Turn left onto Roosevelt Boulevard/US Highway 17 North at the light. Pass under I-295 heading north, and turn left at the second light by 84 Lumber onto Collins Road. The Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites entrance is on the left.
From: Daytona, Orando area. Take I-95 North to I-295 North. You will cross the St. Johns River. Take Exit 10, just after the bridge, onto Roosevelt Boulevard/US Highway 17 North, staying in the right merge lane. Once on Roosevelt Boulevard heading north, move to the far left lane and turn left onto Collins Road at the first light, at 84 Lumber sign. The Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites will be on the left.
From: Jax Equestrian Center. Follow Normandy Boulevard East to I-295 South. Take I-295 South to Exit 10/US Highway 17/Roosevelt Boulevard. Stay in the left exit lane. Turn left at light onto Roosevelt Boulevard North and pass under I-295. Stay in the left lane and turn left at the second light, at 84 Lumber sign, onto Collins Road. The Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites entrance is on the left.
From: Downtown Jacksonville. Follow local signs to I-95 South. Take I-95 South to I-295 North, crossing over the St. Johns River. Take Exit 10 immediately after the bridge. Stay in the right exit lane and merge onto Roosevelt Boulevard/US Highway 17 North. Turn left at the next light onto Collins Road. The Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites entrance is on the left.
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Built in 2001, the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville is a minor league ballpark located in downtown Jacksonville in northeast Florida. The stadium primarily serves as the home field to the double-A Jacksonville Suns of the Southern League.
When the Suns aren’t in session, the stadium plays host to the Jacksonville Armada FC of the North American Soccer League. The stadium has also hosted the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament, the Southern League All-Star Game, and still hosts the annual Florida State Seminoles and the Florida Gators baseball game.
Preserving the history, heritage, and culture of the whole “Jax Beaches” area, Beaches Museum & History Park features exhibits, a relocated chapel originally built in 1887, photos, and other collections showcasing these northeastern Florida coastal towns.
Located within the salt marshes of the Intracoastal Waterway, this northeastern Florida coast preserve includes a raised platform for viewing abundant wildlife, areas for bird watching, and walking trails that overlook marshes and loop through a “hardwood hammock.”
Kayaks and canoes can be launched from this Jacksonville preserve as well.
A local brewery rewpub located along Beach Boulevard (US 90), Engine 15 is a fun spot in Jacksonville Beach. Makers of craft ales, their beers can also be found in bars and stores across northeast Florida, the Orlando area, and the Tampa Bay area.
Engine 15 brews five beers on a regular basis and others seasonally – and weekly experimental offerings are also often available.
Home of the Jacksonville Jaguars, EverBank Field is located in downtown Jacksonville in the heart of the northeast Florida region. Opened in 1995, EverBank Field has hosted the Super Bowl, the Gator Bowl, and the annual Florida vs. Georgia rivalry college football game.
Up to 84,000 fans can be seated inside the stadium – while those who like a more secluded experience can take advantage of 11,200 club seats, 88 luxury suites, and one super suite.
Originally opened in 1927, the Florida Theatre is a historic movie theater set in Jacksonville. The Mediterranean Revival-style theater was named to National Register of Historic Places in 1983, given its historical significance as one of only four high-style theaters remaining in Florida.
A northeastern Florida staple, the theater has been known to feature live entertainment as well, including concerts, plays, and stand-up comedy. The Florida Theatre is one of six theatres to be named an official Jacksonville landmark.
The Fort Caroline National Monument is part of the larger Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve. The fort features must-sees including historic artifacts, intriguing stories, and ranger-led guided tours.
Featuring 21,000 square feet of exhibit space, the Guana River Environmental Center works to showcase the unique ecosystems in region. Specifically, the center offers a peek into estuary system between the Jacksonville Beaches and St. Augustine.
The center is part of the Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve on the northeast coast. Features include interpretive exhibits, aquariums, and even an outdoor amphitheater, all providing insight on the complex habitats and systems of the sea and wildlife in the region.
Jacksonville Beach Fishing Pier
The pier is open for walking ($1/person) or fishing ($4/person) from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
A joint civil-military public airport, Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) serves the Jacksonville metropolitan area and other cities in northeastern Florida. Covering 8,000 acres, JAX features two runways.
Completed in 1965, JAX is owned and operated by the Jacksonville Aviation Authority. JAX is served by major airlines like American, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, United, and US Airways.
Opened in 1987, Jacksonville Landing is an entertainment and museum complex set in downtown Jacksonville along the St. Johns River. The Landing is home to over 65 stores, full-service restaurants and bars, and entertainment destinations, as well as the Jacksonville Maritime Museum.
The Landing is known for hosting a variety of northeast Florida events as well, including the Jacksonville Jazz Festival, Florida/Georgia Weekend Celebrations, and the Every Friday Farmers Market. Don’t miss weekly live music in courtyard and the annual Georgia-Florida football games on the jumbotron.
Established in 1934, Jacksonville University is a private institution set in Jacksonville. The 240-acre northeast Florida campus features roughly 3,700 students working towards degrees in over 70 majors and programs.
When they’re not studying, students are happy to cheer on the Jacksonville Dolphins – a Division I program featuring 20 varsity teams competing in the Atlantic Sun Conference. The Dolphins play home games D.B. Milne Field, Jacksonville, Veterans Memorial Arena, and more.
Opened in 2003, the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena is a multi-use entertainment venue set in the heart of downtown Jacksonville. The arena is home to the Jacksonville Sharks of the Arena Football League, the Jacksonville Giants of the American Basketball Association, and the Jacksonville University Dolphins.
The 15,000-capacity venue hosts a variety of northeast Florida events, with past events including a USA Men’s Olympic basketball game, several WWE matches, and the PBR Built Ford Tough Series. Several big-name artists have performed at the Vet, like Elton John, Billy Joel, and Taylor Swift.
Founded in 1914, the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is located at the mouth of Trout River in Jacksonville. Set on over 100 acres, the zoo features nearly 2,500 animals and roughly 1,000 plant species – many of which are native to northeastern Florida.
Must-see exhibits at the zoo include the River Valley Aviary, featuring 9,000 square feet of natural scenery and birds, and Wild Florida, which showcases native wetland creatures in their natural habitat. Be sure to take a walk through either the Savannah Blooms or Gardens of Trout River Plaza.
John T. Alsop Jr. Bridge, Jacksonville
Formally the John T. Alsop Jr. Bridge, the Main Street Bridge is a stunning structure crossing St. Johns River in Jacksonville – Florida’s largest city set in the northeastern part of the Sunshine State.
Visitors may cross Main Street Bridge on foot for great views of downtown Jax.
The second bridge to span St. Johns River, this steel, vertical lift bridge stretches to 512 meters – and encompassing four lanes of traffic as U.S. Route 1 and US 90.
Opened in 1941, the bridge is operated by the Florida Department of Transportation.
The museum works in tandem with the nearby University of North Florida, operated as a cultural resource for the college. The museum houses an impressive collection of pieces dating back to the 1960s, as well as a slew of rotating exhibits.
Founded in 1969, the Museum of Science and History (MOSH) features a variety of scientific and historical exhibits dedicated to northeast Florida. Located along the Southbank Riverwalk in Jacksonville, the museum is considered the most-visited museum in the city.
The museum features three floors of permanent exhibits, a rotating exhibit floor, and the Bryan-Gooding Planetarium. Some of the museum’s core exhibits include the Body Within, the Florida Naturalist’s Center, and the beautiful Hixon Native Plant Courtyard.
Take a break while traveling in the Florida Panhandle region of northern Florida, to revisit the past. Make your way to the southern edge of the Osceola National Forest, to spend time in the Olustee Battlefield Historic State Park.
Located east of Lake City, this state park was established in 1970, as Florida's first state park. The park is located on the site of the largest Civil War Battle in Florida, that took place on February 20, 1864. Over 10,000 troops battled for five hours, ending with the Union troops retreating to Jacksonville. 2,807 troops lost their lives.
Visit the park to see the monument that was erected in 1912, from the efforts of the Florida Division of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Enjoy a short walk along the mile-long trail to view the interpretive signage and stop by the park's Visitor Center to view the historical artifacts. Take a few moments to read the center's interpretive panels, to learn more about the battle. If visiting in February, visit the park to see thousands of reenactors portray the Battle of Olustee.
Opened in 1963, the Port of Jacksonville, or JAXPORT, serves cruise lines, ferry services, cargo ships, and other seaport traffic near Jacksonville. The port is located along the St. Johns River, featuring cargo facilities on Blount Island, Talleyrand, and Dames Point.
Passenger services utilizing JAXPORT include the Mayport ferry and Carnival Cruise Lines. The JAXPORT Cruise Terminal is located near Dames Point Bridge in northeast Florida.
Built in 1919, the Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center is a refurbished event venue located in downtown Jacksonville. Given the convention center’s historical presence, it was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
The Prime Osborn features two large exhibition halls, several ballrooms, and a host of meeting rooms, all totaling over 260,000 square feet. The northeastern Florida entertainment staple still hosts plenty of unique events and expos.
Opened in 1997, the Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts is a multi-purpose performance venue set in downtown Jacksonville in northeast Florida. More commonly known as Times Union Center, the venue is primarily home to the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra.
The TUC features several venues set up for different events, including the Moran Theater, Jacoby Symphony Hall, and Terry Theater. The TUC has hosted large entertainment events since its opening, including names like Bruce Springsteen, Yo-Yo Ma, and Jay Leno.
Located in northeast Florida, the Timucuan Ecological and Historical Preserve preserves some of the earliest French colonization areas in the U.S. The historic site is found just outside of Jacksonville along Clapboard Creek.
In total, the preserve features over 46,000 acres of scenic wetlands and wildlife, including a fort exhibit and a wildlife observation platform. Things to do at Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve include beach activities, kayaking, wildlife viewing, and more.
Set on the University of North Florida campus, the UNF Student Union in northeast Florida serves as a community center for the university. Located in Jacksonville, the UNF Student Union is renowned for its architecture, and was recently ranked the fourth best building among 100 in Florida.
The UNF Student Union hosts Market Days each Wednesday, where students can shop for a variety of unique items in the Osprey Plaza. Other services and attractions include a game room, Chartwells Dining, and event hosting capabilities.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 mile(s) from Naval Air Station Jax, Naval Air Station Jacksonville; periodic public events
- 1 mile(s) from Orange Park Kennel Club, Seasonal Greyhound Racing, Parabetting, Poker Club
- 9 mile(s) from Thrasher-Horne Center, Performing Arts Center; musicals and theater productions
- 11 mile(s) from Cummer Museum of Art, Largest in NE FL; Fine old artists paintings, gardens, renoun collection of Neissen porcelain; riverfront location
- 13 mile(s) from Museum of Science & History, Great interactive museum with planetarium and award-winning exhibits; on waterfront in downtown Jacksonville
- 13 mile(s) from Jacksonville Maritime Museum, Scale model ships, paintings, artifacts, story boards; of interest to all ages; on waterfront in downtown Jax
- 14 mile(s) from The Jacksonville Landing, Special events, shopping, restaraurants in unique waterfront setting; heart of many Jax events
- 16 mile(s) from Jacksonville Equestrian Center, Covered equestrian stadium with many competitions, shows & roping events - FREE admission; food & beverage available
- 16 mile(s) from Clay County Fairgrounds, Location for Annual County Fair, horse competitions, agricultural & other entertainment events
- 17 mile(s) from Reynold's Park, Waterfront and scenic park; location of several major events throughout the year
- 19 mile(s) from Jacksonville Zoo & Garden, 1400 rare and exotic animals, 1000 unique plants, botanical gardens, Range of the Jaguar, giraffe overlook
- 20 mile(s) from Busweiser Brewery, Tours of Anheuser Busch Brewery; free samples (over 21 years of age) and gift shop
- 21 mile(s) from Alhambra Dinner Theater, Region's only professional dinner theater with buffet style dining; regularly scheduled productions
- 26 mile(s) from Adventure Landing - Beach, Waterpark, video arcades, miniature golf, party facilities, go-carts, laser tag, batting cages; food & beverage
- 26 mile(s) from World Golf Hallof Fame/IMAX, Walk the history of the game of golf, test your skills; great view; 6-story high IMAX Theater
- 32 mile(s) from Sun Cruz Casino, Off-shore cruise with full casino action, sails 2X/day; food and beverage onboard; groups welcome
- 35 mile(s) from San Sebastian Winery, Enjoy free tours and sampling (over 21 years) daily; nice gourmet gift shop; rooftop wine bar with entertainment
- 36 mile(s) from Castillo de San Marcos, National registry of Historic Places; Spanish fort built in 1672, still operational today; Nat'l Park Service guided tours; waterfront in Historic St. Augustine
- 36 mile(s) from Ripley's Believe It or Not, In historic home setting, the origianal Ripley's houses hundreds of unique and odd items that delight the young and old; in the heart of St. Augustine's historic district
- 36 mile(s) from Lightner Museum, Beautiful historic hotel houses Otto Lightner's collection of the odd, fascinating and beautiful during his world travels; docents show off antique music instruments; formerly Henry Flagler's Alcazar Hotel
- 36 mile(s) from Old St. Augustine Village, Collection of historic homes dating back from the 1700's in one enclosed block; walk back in time as you stroll through each home, gardens and small old-tyme store; tours available
- 36 mile(s) from Oldest House, Nat'l Register of Historic Places - Spanish built home reminiscent of life in 1700's with tours, gift shop and beautiful grounds, also periodic historic events on property; home of St. Augustine Historical Society
- 36 mile(s) from Alligator Farm & Zoologic, St. Augustine's Alligator Farm & Zoological Park - complete collection of crocodillian species, other rare animals and birds; wonderful bird rookery with nesting waterfowl Feb - May; shows, concessions and more - Wonderful fun for all ages! - don't forget your camera!
- 36 mile(s) from St. Augustine Lighthouse, Historic lighthouse, keeper's house and museum; walk the grounds, tour house and museum and climb to top of lighthouse; guides offer history and interesting facts; location of periodic events and evening ghost tours!
- 45 mile(s) from Kingsley Plantation, Florida's oldest standing plantation house; exhibits, slave quarters, hiking and birding in this lovely natural Florida location
- 3 mile(s) from Orange Park Mall, Large regional mall; interior shopping; SIMON property; food court
- 16 mile(s) from The Avenues Mall, Large two-level shopping mall with food court; SIMON property
- 18 mile(s) from St. Johns Town Center, New outdoor shopping area with familiar and upscale stores and brand names; restaurants within area
- 30 mile(s) from St.Augustine Prime Outlet, Interior outlet shopping; food court; just off I-95 South at US 16
- 30 mile(s) from St. Augustine Premium Outlet, Exterior Outlet shopping; food court, just off I-95 at US 16; 85 stores
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 5 mile(s) from Local Parks, 390 parks, 80,00 acres; www.coj.net. Numerous parks with serene environment and beautiful views of nature and waterways
- 28 mile(s) from Jacksonville Area Beaches, From Fernandina Beach in the North to Jacksonville Beach, beautiful wide beaches that are family oriented
- 28 mile(s) from Parasiling, At area beaches; rentals available from local companies
- 37 mile(s) from Guana River State Park, Eco Center, waterway, beaches, hiking trails, birding and more
- 37 mile(s) from Kayaking, Along area beaches and waterways; rentals available from local companies
- 39 mile(s) from Anastasia State Park, Beautiful coast park with wide beaches, hiking trails, picnicing, concessions, equipment rental and walking tours
- 45 mile(s) from Timucuan Ecological Prese, Encompasses serene waterways, St. Johns River, birding, hiking, fishing
- 48 mile(s) from Little Talbot Island, Beautiful serene location to enjoy beach, view wildlife, picnic areas, fishing, swiming, shell collecting
- 1 mile(s) from Cracker Barrel, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Great down-home meals and retail store
- 3 mile(s) from Harry's Seafood, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner, New Orleans style seafood
- 3 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, Full Service, American, Open for: dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Carraba's, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Chili's Grill & Bar, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Panera's Breads, Fast Food, Cajun, Open for: lunch, dinner, Bakery/deli style; great salads, soups, sandwiches with California flair; fresh baked breads and pastries to eat in or take out.
- 3 mile(s) from Sweet Tomatoes, Buffet, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Feature large salad bar, soups and breads
- 3 mile(s) from Applebee's, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Bennigan's, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Longhorn Steakhouse, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Ramirez, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner, Cuban/Mexican
- 3 mile(s) from Red Lobster, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Smokey Bones BQ, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from OrangeParkAleHouse, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesday's, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 4 mile(s) from Johnny Carino's, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 6 mile(s) from Mama Fu's, Cafe, Vietnamese, Open for: lunch, dinner, Wonderful freshly prepared sanwiches, soups and entree's
- 9 mile(s) from Whitey's Fish Camp, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner, Family owned, on the water, casual dining; eat inside or out; entertainment on Fri, Sat & Sun
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Jacksonville. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean